beware of candy canes

Illum

Flashaholic
i thought they are chemically stable?

I tried lighting one on fire...smells like fudge and burnt @#$%...so I cant even use the old ones for fuel:ohgeez:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
items that are very high in sugar, have a very long shelf life, something about bacteria not being able to grow in high levels.

I heard if you have a major wound, say battle field injury and you have no access to medical facilitys.

you should fill the wound with fine icing sugar and bandage it up , as it will stop any infection until you can have it properly treated.

regards.

John.

mahoney

Enlightened
If kept dry, sugar keeps forever, it's too sweet (concentrated) to spoil. It dehydrates the bacteria, etc. So although the dust, glitter and crud on a 3 year old candy cane are probably not the best things to put into your mouth, I doubt it will do much harm.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
greenlight said:
I just read this thread about someone who ate a candy cane off an xmas tree. Turns out it was OLD. People just reuse them as decorations. Be careful!

Looks like someone's gonna get sued! :thumbsdow

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I don't recall ever eating a piece of hard sugary candy that went bad. Certainly the candy doesn't seem to take on an odd appearance, flavor or odor with age. I'm fairly certain that I've ingested stuff that was at least a couple of years old with no ill effects.

Soft chewy candy bars are another issue though. Throw away that old chocolate!

Latest posts