Poll: Do you mind a non-obtrusive SOS/strobe mode?

Poll: Do you mind a non-obtrusive SOS/strobe mode? (not asking whether it's useful)

• I don't mind SOS/strobe in my light, if doesn't complicate the user interface

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • I don't want SOS/strobe in my light, EVEN IF it's totally non-obtrusive in normal use

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
Previous discussions and polls haven't been clear about potential utility of SOS strobe vs whether users mind having the features unobtrusively available.

Polls with many options tend to steer voters toward the 1st or most-simply worded choice. This poll is designed to avoid that.

This poll is NOT about whether SOS/strobe is practically useful. It's simply asking if you mind those features being present in your light, provided invoking them is totally non-obtrusive.

Two examples of non-obtrusive SOS/strobe design are the Fire~FlyIII and HDS U-series. Both lights allow brightness on/off selection without accidentally hitting SOS/strobe.

By contrast many other lights put SOS/strobe on the main user interface level, thus adding to the steps required to "cycle through" the UI, plus causing possible inadvertent activation.

ukmike

Newly Enlightened
Am I missing something here, if you are using the SOS mode for what it is designed for in a life or death situation surely strobe would be at least as good as it is much better as an attention getter?? Does anyone use morse code anymore anyway??

Status
Not open for further replies.