Want the best Palm to date for $100 cheaper?

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I'm a Palm geek and I heard this on the www.palminfocenter.com forums.

"Staples will match 110% any competitors prices. Go to www.shopharmony.com and print out the ad for the TT (Tungsten T) for $409 with free shipping. Staples will match it 110%. They didn't even call the company to make sure they had any in stock. I walked out of staples with a TT for only $402!"

All right, the Tungsten T is the best Palm to date, with Palm OS 5 (support for ARM processors), and pretty small. Find out more at http://www.palm.com/ The retail price: $500. If I had enough money...
bluesigh.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Treo 90 from Handspring and love it. For under $100 I think the only Palm is the new Zire . It all depends on what you want to do with it. I find the built in keyboard of the Treo priceless for inputting text, but it sells for around $250.

There are cheaper ($30 - $70 range) PDA type items from other companies that use their own software and such. Those can ususally be found in your local Circuit City/Best Buy or whatever major electronics store is near you. They do all the basic stuff like addresses and datebook.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping you guys could give me a little education on PDAs. Here is my delima: I do some programming at work. The SAs and SEs say that because of our geographical location that the only PDA that will actually dial-up and get our email would be a blackberry. They say that we don't have a communication service in our area that will handle PDAs.

Could the Systems Guys be right? I don't want to challenge them unless I have the facts.

I don't mind if you guys beat me up for having an ID-10-T error.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if the mentioned area has cell phone service, and you have a Bluetooth enabled phone, getting the Tungsten T would be heaven for you. The Tungsten T is Bluetooth enabled and you can go through your cell phone to get your emails.