CPF address bar icon

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering who thought CPF needed an Internet Explorer address bar icon. Instead of the generic "e", some web sites like The LED Museum, ebay, google, paypal etc have a small icon next to the web address to make it stand out in your favorite/links list. Maybe, if DavidW would want to do it, there could be a contest or something to make a little flashlight or "CPF" pill shaped icon for the address bar.

So what does everyone think?

Saaby

Flashaholic
It's got one--you just need a good browser (Ok, MSIE is an excellent browser) to see it.

I am using Netscape with Linux, and have been amazed at how many site's have those little icons--MSIE is terrible at picking them up.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those things have never worked for me, and though they`re cute, I`ve always thought they`re not worth the fuss for that reason.

I`ll add a new site to my Favorites and find it has a nifty little custom icon, but a couple weeks later I`ll go to look it up and it`s gone, reverted back to the default icon, and re-visiting the site will not bring it back. I think they reside in your temporary files folder and once you`ve visited enough sites to displace older files, they get pushed out and cease to work.

Plus it only works on IE5.5 or above, if you`re a Windows slave, er I mean user
tongue.gif
and havn`t escaped to something else.

But, if it worked better than it did, I would agree it would be a nice idea. I`d even do one for the Torch Reviews Site (in orange and brown of course).

grin.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee, when I used to use Netscape it didn't work at all on any site, only IE. I see things have changed. Why won't it show up with IE 6?

I used to love Netscape until v6 came out, it sucked so bad & worked exactly like IE only MUCH slower.
frown.gif

Is Netscape 7 any good?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Is Netscape 7 any good? Lets put it this way:

I am using Linux right now. Microsoft hasn't released MSIE for Linux (yet) imagine that.

My choices are basically Netscape or anything else...based on Netscape. I use Netscape. I'd use MSIE if I could, but I can't. It's not the best browser in the world but it's not half bad.

If I was forced to use Netscape 6 with Linux...I wouldn't use Linux.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure enough, I just checked and the Sandwich Shop icon has reverted to something that looks like an .ldb icon. (IE 5.5)

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just downloaded Netscape 7. So far so good.
smile.gif

Better than Netscape 6 for sure.
icon14.gif

Except AOL email don't work with it.
mad.gif
I wish it did, it says it does but whenever I try I get "login failed".
frown.gif