Xtar 7w

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being 7 watts isnt necessarily a good thing. That could just mean it's horribly inefficient at producing light and needs more power to put out the same amount of light as other products.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one from LightHound...I'll post more when I get it. Flashlightreviews.com has a a review of it under the LED - 3 watts section. It's the older version, which seemed good itself. This one is supposted to be even brighter.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the XTar 7W in the mail today. Great service from Lighthound.com! Ordered Sunday and got it today (Wed.) The light is constructed and finished very nicely. I played with it a little tonight, it's nice! Seems to have a good balance of throw and room lighting ability. It's brighter than my friends Nuwai X3, throw seemed about the same, although the XTar lit up a garage door about a hundred feet away a little better than the Nuwai. For $55 with a charger and two 18650 lithium rechargeables, plus a holster, it's not a bad deal!
Lighthound was great...I unrolled the invoice and packed inside was a cool little keychain led light...for free! Pretty neat little keychain light, they sell it for $7 on their website. Very nice of them to throw one in! Thanks LightHound!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure like mine. I got the DSD too since I needed a charger and it work's just great!

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
FlashCrazy said:
Just got the XTar 7W in the mail today. Great service from Lighthound.com! Ordered Sunday and got it today (Wed.) The light is constructed and finished very nicely. I played with it a little tonight, it's nice! Seems to have a good balance of throw and room lighting ability. It's brighter than my friends Nuwai X3, throw seemed about the same, although the XTar lit up a garage door about a hundred feet away a little better than the Nuwai. For $55 with a charger and two 18650 lithium rechargeables, plus a holster, it's not a bad deal!
Lighthound was great...I unrolled the invoice and packed inside was a cool little keychain led light...for free! Pretty neat little keychain light, they sell it for $7 on their website. Very nice of them to throw one in! Thanks LightHound!
FYI the freebie lights sell for 99 cents.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this the light you got?

Mine might be the older version but I am not sure.

dsc02917smallxs4.jpg

I have some pictures and beamshots.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/131466

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, same light. The only differences are that they market it as a 7W now, and claim it's brighter. My beam looks just like your pics. It's brighter than my friend's Nuwai X3, not sure if it's much brighter than the original 3W. The clickie boot looks to be improved...I find nothing wrong with it, seems durable. It has more of a domed shape to it when looking at it from the side, yours looks to have a flat plateau from what I can see. Other than that, identical.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashCrazy said:
Yep, same light. The only differences are that they market it as a 7W now, and claim it's brighter. My beam looks just like your pics. It's brighter than my friend's Nuwai X3, not sure if it's much brighter than the original 3W. The clickie boot looks to be improved...I find nothing wrong with it, seems durable. It has more of a domed shape to it when looking at it from the side, yours looks to have a flat plateau from what I can see. Other than that, identical.

Does the rear rubber boot cover for the clicke seem thick? The one I have on mine seems very thin and it would probably wear fast.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm on vacation now and probably won't get to reply too quickly to any posts. I know, I know....on vacation but logging onto CPF, guess I'm a true flashaholic now. Anyway, my cover seems fine, definitely not thin...they must have improved them.