Steve Jobs: Ill again?

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=4227

'In a blog post recapping 10 things he's hearing on Wall Street, Doug Kass, a general partner for two investment partnerships: Seabreeze Partners L.P. and Seabreeze Partners Short L.P., notes a rumor that: "Apple (AAPL) will announce that Steve Jobs' health has deteriorated (he has had pancreatic cancer) and that he will be taking a leave of absence from the company."'

cyberhobo

Enlightened
Doesn't he always get ill when a new release of Windows (in this case Vista) hits the streets?

bitslammer

Enlightened
Wow I'm just getting ready to convert my utility PC to Unbutu now. I'm not a Linux guru so I'm hoping this is a nice package well designed for the non Linux masses. I just don't like that fact that MS will make you pay for a new copy of Vista every time you upgrade your motherboard. I do that about 1x year on at least one of my systems. That's a crock of S$#* that I'd have to buy a new license each time.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
If S Jobs has Pancreatic Cancer, he is undoubtedly very ill. My father -in-law and a close friend died of same. The mortality rate is not good. He certainly has my thoughts and prayers. I would imagine that "business" will take a distant third behind health and family.
Just my 2 pennies worth.
jeffb

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
If he does have pancreatic cancer, my thoughts are with him and his family. As JeffB said, that's often an aggressive form of cancer. I'm hoping that it's just a rumor and that he's laying low while the Feds go through the Apple core.

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
Note the source: Kass runs a fund that deals exclusively in shorted stocks; in other words, he only makes money when the stocks go down. By starting the rumor that Steve is leaving, he hoped to drive AAPL's stock price downward. It's a pathetic attempt to make some money on the misfortune of someone else.

(It's also worth mentioning that Jobs' cancer was not of the adenocarcinoma variety, which is the most dangerous; he had some type of neuroendocrine tumor. While still dangerous and certainly nothing to sneeze at, such cancers have a significantly higher survival rate.)

-=[ Grant ]=-