Sky Lumen        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who got flashlights for Christmas ?

Default Who got flashlights for Christmas ?

What did you get ?

Was it a surprise or did you choose it ? (or drop a lot of hints [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

I'm dreaming of a white (not pea green [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) Christmas, just like the ones........

Default Re: Who got flashlights for Christmas ?

My family finally decided to accept it... this is what they gave me for Christmas as an official stamp of approval to hang out with you guys... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ooh, very nice...

My family still thinks I'm crazy... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Oh they still think I'm crazy... but I guess they decided that it was safer for them to indulge me...

Well my wife has accepted it finally. She got me an 8" Tiger light and my mother in law got me an E2e-HA. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I got an E1e from my grandma. I love getting flashlights for Christmas! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I don't celebrate any holidays. However, I did get my order of 80 AA alkalines in the mail on the 24th, before the snowstorm arrived. That's good enough for me.

Before you ask why, I am a heathen Pagan. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I asked for several lights but didn't get any. I did get a cool Victorinox knife, the Voyager model with the clock in it, and a SOS case for my Swiss Champ. Oh well, just another excuse for me to get more lights I guess.

Flashaholic*

Hey Charles,

I begrudge no one their own beliefs. It's what makes us all different. How about we just celebrate yet another day of living? You know, all of the ups and downs and what-not that life always throws our way, making things interesting on one way or another...(extending hand in friendship...)

John

Thanks Illuminated. Because of your post I also have a green light on the TL 8".

my uncle just ordered me a e2e-ha from tactical warehouse [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] he also send me a $100 check.

as far as i know, that is the only light i will recieve [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] (but i will of course purchase more with the cash i get [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

oh...and my mother bought me a 5w rb and some other 1w luxeons [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hmmm . . . while I did not receive any flashlights, what I did receive more than made up for it.

1. Both sons and daughter received a Streamlight Stylus. The kids (older two, both in college away from home) plan to keep theirs in their cars, and the youngest is keeping his with his "emergency kit".

2. Wife received a Princenton Tec Attitude. The Attitude fits nicely in her purse and she is tickled pink to have it.

It would appear that "Flashoholism" is finding acceptance in the the Lighthouse abode.

What did I receive? I had the pleasure of seeing my whole family in the same place at the same time.

Everyone was happy. Life is good.

Hoping that everyone else has a nice holiday.

I didnt get any lights, but I did order an ARC LE about a week and a half ago. I have been playing with it ever since [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Can't really imagine it counts but I got a Blue 2D M*gL!te given to me by my rather loopy Mother.

My Dad and Sister both rolled their eyes at me saying stuff like "oh he really needs ANOTHER flashlight"

It's the thought that counts ya know!

Flashaholic*

PJS,

Off topic for a minute -

Cant help thinking that it might be a great candidate for the 3C mod, along with one of jbecto's 4-LED PR units. Try Lambda's Krylon technique to texturize the M*g reflector (maybe go heavy on the texturing), and then it ought to be something like a TurtleliteII x 2, with a really long runtime. I haven't tried this particular combo though, as I've only just gotten the hang of the texturizing process in the past couple of days, and I don't have one of JB's LEDs.

Just a little food for thought...Thanks for lettin' me stray off topic for a moment.

John

Flashaholic*

No lights for me, but I got a G2 for my 11 year old brother and a P2 green for my girlfriend. Thanks Dan!

Flashaholic

I got all my lights BEFORE Christmas. Why should I trust other people to know which lights to buy me when I can go do it myself?

I did get a blue ("Glacier") Leatherman Squirt P4 that will serve as a nice keychain companion to my blue Photon II.

Oh, I also got a MagAAA in my stocking the wife did not know any better. Check out the package the first line cracks me up. [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDeAgwUtZ2hKN3b7JFeuqRtNuDFrc*v!xCb3xEmoiuyszy4U hFhSXqNWIyx9S4k1GucviFJuzcp!V7gB3eQ86JoAhZVKZTnqxD 8CribZjg/Mad.jpg[/img]

*Flashaholic*

Sasha...you didn't say what you got them

Yeesh...and you call yourself a flashaholic [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I got one of those cool pens with 3 LEDs in it so it does all sorts of nifty stuff. I gave a Photon III away as well as an Inretech adaptor.

So no, I didn't really get any lights but I got a little cash which will help me get a proper light anyway--and that doesn't stink at all [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I got a green light yesterday from the wife to order the 2TL deal from Dan (Thanks Dan!)

Question:

Whats even brighter than a Tigerlight?

Answer: TWO Tigerlights!

Now I'll have something to compare my other lights/mods to. I'm sure my father & I will enjoy using them (one is for him).

Happy Holidys to All!

John

[img]graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

Ryan... I ended up not getting them what I had intended... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I'll get those later. Once I got done buying them Splinter Cell (with guide), Ghost Recon and Steel Battalion (anyone else get this?), I ran out of money! And now I find that I have to buy a whole new piece of furniture for my living room in order to accomodate Steel Battalion... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

We went to some friend's house last night and of course everyone was asking what gifts we got. I got my purse and reached in and pulled out my Stylus... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] They looked at me with a totally blank look on their faces and my husband just shook his head and said... "humor her... she's fallen in with a bad crowd"... [img]graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator Roy's Avatar

I didn't get a flashlight but I did get some cash. So, I'm about to order a MNO2 LA, a P90 LA, a P91 LA. and a D-2 bezel with a Pyrex lens. That will pretty much complete my planed UBH Flashlight Kit! I allready have an E1, KL-1 and a KL-3....Just waiting for the UHB and adapter!

Flashaholic*

Got a Pelican L1 from my dad. Will go nicely with my Arc-AAA and all the rest of the LS lights I've built.

-Darin

Flashaholic

I didn't get any flashlights and I didn't buy any for gifts this year. Instead, I bought a Leatherman Micra for my boss (he already has a PT Pulsar on his keychain), a bullet Space Pen for my brother (I gave him an Arc AAA last year), and a new Kenmore range/oven for my parents (they never leave the house after sundown anyway).

My one consolation is that during my quest for presents on Christmas Eve, I discovered a store in Hawaii that carries a large selection of high quality flashlights. It's called Ranger Sports and sells law enforcement and military items.

I always walked past the store as I went from Software Etc. (on its left) to Radio Shack (on its right). After buying the Kenmore range from Sears and looking at video games at Software Etc., I happened to go into the store and just stood at the display cases admiring the multi-tools (Leatherman, SAK) and flashlights (Surefire, Streamlight, CMG ... but no Arc). Once I pay off the credit cards, I'll go back and treat myself to a new flashlight. By that time, it'll probably be next Christmas. [img]graemlins/bluesigh.gif[/img]

SFR, those Bullet Space Pens are GREAT! I've owned two (lost one while deer hunting/filling out the tag on a mountain in Arizona about 4 miles from camp and JUST HAD TO REPLACE IT!).

That is one mandatory EDC that we haven't discussed. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE for EDC and possibly a couple stashed in PSKs!

Flashaholic

My wife got me a Surefire Z2, a waterproof Solar-rechargeable flashlight, and one of those "hand-squeeze" dynamo lights. So, it was a pretty darn good day for this light nut!
    Kirk

sasha, isn't steel battalion a $200 x-box game?! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

*Flashaholic*

Bummer Sasha...now that things are changing (If you know what I mean)

That's life though--and I'm glad to see that you have a nice, portable light for yourself to go with the blender [img]graemlins/winkie.GIF[/img]

I wondered what that song was that the neighborkids were singing. How's that go? Oh yeah,

Saaby's gonna get in trouble.
    This time it might be double.

Better get out of the kitchen.
    Saaby's gonna get a whippin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast