Calling all wolf eye's owners!!

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
I've done some searching for a while and would just like some feedback on how well the wolf eyes lights perfom (output and quality of construction wise). Thanks in advanced!

PS. I also noticed no one has ever commented on what type of anodize the lights, how would it compare to other lights??

Glen C

Enlightened
Very good construction and good output (though you can vary that yourself). Very handy that everything already takes 18 series batteries like 18650 etc without a rebore. Very impressed for the money

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I owned an M90X and an M100X turbo head. Quality was truly first rate. The ano was type II, not HA so it does chip easily. However the threads were smooth, the reflectors were very well made and I'd say their bulbs are among the best. Well worth the money, great "bang for the buck."

Hope that helps!

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought 3 wolf eye lights....are get an A...great quality....built very heavy duty. Can't go wrong for the price...Especially with the new Lumens Factory bulbs available now......

LOBOLUMENS

Newly Enlightened
Ditto on everything said so far! They are the underrated "Poor man's Surefire". Now with the addition of the new high power lamp assemblies from lumensfactory.com you can substantially increase your Wolf Eye's output even further! If you go with the M90X get the 13v extender to increase it's versatility.

GreySave

Enlightened
Ditto what everyone else has said. Nice solid construction and great performance for the money. They are heavy as compared to other high end lights, but can still be used as an EDC carry light if you do not mind a little extra weight.

One of the things I really like is the selection. There is a light there to meet just about every need and price range.

coontai

Newly Enlightened
very high quality! Fit and finish are first rate. Great value. HA is smooth and even. Bodies are thick and fit together easily. Also, the lights are modular allowing for many flexible combos. trust me go buy from pts and you won't regret it.

ugrey

Enlightened
I have a Wolf Eyes Eagle 4. It is brighter than a SF P91 and runs about 45 minutes instead of 20. I paid $70 for it from PTS (great service). The head is adjustable which does not work so great. I get rings and dark spots when opened way up or way down. So, I adjust it in a middle posistion with the least artifacts and leave it there. In this position there are almost no rings or dark spots. My Streamlight TL-3 is the same story. The M90X head seems much larger than the Eagle 4's and that is why I bought an Eagle. The tailcap seems huge to me. It is 1.25 inches and about the same size as a SureFire P head. I do not have the LED tailcap. For the money they are good quality lights. Mine sits next to my bed for a bump in the night light. If I were looking for a 12V light now, I would get a M90X because Lumens Factory has a High Output Lamp Assembly for the M90X and the light is for sale at PTS for $60. I also have a SureFire 12P(9P+extender+Digilight T12 LA,or a G&P 12V LA). The 12P has the same brightness and a smaller hot spot, which I like better. It is the same length, but has a smaller head and tailcap. A 12P costs about $100 to $120 to put together. The Eagle 4 is a good value for the money, but buy the M90X or put together a SF 12P. Then go price a SF M4 and have a good laugh.

Last edited:

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
I am a new Wolf-Eyes owner, having just received my Boxer 24W HID.

My first WE light (and first HID) and I could not be happier with it! Quality is great. The beam is spectacular - it's a light cannon.

I own several M*g hotwires up to 100 Watts. At this point, I would take the Boxer over any of them for the best all around utility spotlight.

Oh, OK - the manual suffers from the typical import "pigeon English", but I get it.

I am expecting a M90X soon and I'm hoping for the same quality as the Boxer.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I currently only own a 9MX but are planning on getting an M100 and 6M soon.

Check Here for some pictures of how well some of the Wolf-Eyes lamps work:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111636

Far wall is about 100 feet away.
stairs2.jpg

Wolf-Eyes makes good lights that throw well and are very versatile. I have used my 9MX at work and while UEing as my primary light for almost a year now with no complaints.

vortechs

Enlightened
I have several Wolf-Eyes flashlights. I have been happy with them. (I hope that helps, sorry I don't have time to write more now).

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
All that is really making me want to betray my LED flashaholism and move toward the HID's and incans :grin2: , but what of the battery life? (any better than something like, per say...a 3d mag :ohgeez: ...sorry, it's the only incan I have to compare other than a better off dead minimag, which wouldn't be a fair comparison anyways)...and also, I've been getting mixed responses on the type of finish, 2 say type 3 ano, one says type 2 :shrug: .

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have one, a M90 Rattlesnake that I got to try some of the new Lumens Factory stuff in. Quality is very good, overall. No complaints about the fit/finish. The clickie tailcap design sucks, with the switch being held in place with a bead of epoxy, apparently. My switch popped out the front of the tailcap the first time I clicked it without batteries on the other side to hold it in place. Still works fine as long as its only clicked in actual use, but I'm supposed to have a replacement on the way.
I've been using some of Wolf-Eyes' LAs for awhile in Surefires, and the "poor man's Surefires" have better beams than comparable ones from SF, whiter, with fuller hotspots, brighter spill, more overall output, plus the LAs are cheaper. I love their lamp assemblies.
I don't think anything can touch them for the money. If it weren't for the fact that my favorite lights are some of the CombatGrip models, I probably wouldn't give SF a second look since discovering Wolf-Eyes.
If I buy another light anytime soon, I'm sure it will be another WE. The availability of larger reflectors without having to go to a turbohead(not to mention the Lumens Factory D36 offerings), and 18mm tubes are a big selling point to me.