Your Go-To LED

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
Which one of your lights gets the most use and why (batt. consumption, beam quality, throw, ergonomics, etc)?

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened
By far for me it is my Surefire A2-WH. I use it daily. I fly 4 nights a week 10pm to 7 am so the momentary leds are great for the cockpit and the incan is great for pre and post flight inspections. i just got a new one for christmas and am selling the old one in the BST:grin2:

and the P1dCE is a very close second.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc AAA because its always in my pocket and the 3AAA Mag because its bright and long enough to handle well with gloves or stick in your back pocket with enough sticking out to grab easily.

shanover

Newly Enlightened
Inova T5, lets me stand on the floor and inspect machinery near the 20' ceiling, just right for my needs.

Last edited:

GreySave

Enlightened
In the LED category it is the SureFure L4. Love that wall of light and do not need throw during a normal day.

Flashlight Enthusiast
U2 if it ever gets here (im gonna go online and check were she is.) My light is 1.5 hours north in LA and 3 days away not moving very fast south.

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
My go-to used to be my L5. Well, then I met Milky :ohgeez: Shall we say, I've been illuminated?! My go-to's are now both Milkys, one a M180, the other a X300 :naughty:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on the situation

Keychain Arc AAA moded with Lux or Ion Cree

Around the house FFIII

Camping and throw light A19 with a Cree, makes all of my Surefire incans look silly.

Mike abcd

Enlightened
I hate to admit it but it's a Nichia modded Dorcy 1AAA gen 1. An L1P, L0P SE, P1D CE and a few larger lights have all failed to kick it out of my pocket and it's still the one I reach for most.

Enough light for almost anything close up, easy to turn on/off one handed, easy to hold in my mouth when I have to have both hands for something else, good battery life, nice even flood for close up and I never notice its white wall rings in actual use.

Bought modded and gave away about 15 of them before they changed the beam. My last spare got given to a incredibly pretty and nice young lady and I still thought long and hard before I did it. Nobody is getting my last one and I've mentioned to a few folks that I wouldn't mind getting them back if they weren't using theirs...Nobody has :-(

Anybody want to sell a gen 1/2? I'd love to find 10 more for gifts and a spare for me but would take one in a heartbeat at a fair price. Mine probably has more hours of use than all my other lights combined.

Mike

not2bright

Enlightened
It's boring but I always seem to go to my pair of L1P's. They travel well, conceal easily, and run well on enviro-friendly rechargeable AA's. The nice finish and good beam help too!

I have plenty of higher priced, brighter, etc. lights but like the all around balance of a single AA light.

Last edited:

Tremendo

Enlightened
FF3 since it's always in my pocket. Around the house, non-disturbing night light, outside, late night runs, etc. The best small all purpose light I have.

If I need to check something outside and I have time, I'll grab the U2 for form factor, fast level change and tactical switch.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
If it is between about 7:45AM and 5:30PM the light used is a P1 Natural.

If it is after 5:30PM and I am at home, it depends on a: What I want to do with the light and b: What light I want to do it with! Very often a 2C M*g with M*gled gets the nod.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Original Arc AAA with a Miller Mod 25mA/1w. Fits in my watch pocket, makes a low enough amount of light on low and reaches out pretty well on high. Can't wait for my Cree version that's in the works.

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
Well I guess I don't feel so bad admitting now that it's my trusty ARC-P AAA. Mostly because it's the only one that I have on me at all times. It's pratical, very efficent, and puts out good, usable light. When I'm at home, or I have it on me, I love my L1P w/2-stage clickie.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm going to get a nice brass or stainless bead chain so that my ARC AAA will be hanging from it around my neck when I'm awake. That likely will not take anything away from the P1, but may be used at home more than the others.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
chrome-addict said:
Well I guess I don't feel so bad admitting now that it's my trusty ARC-P AAA. Mostly because it's the only one that I have on me at all times. It's pratical, very efficent, and puts out good, usable light.
+1 Not to mention tough as nails. I don't feel bad dropping, sliding, or throwing my AAA-P around.