song from back to the future

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who is singing the song "Earth Angle" Several people have done that song, who is it in the movie?

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Google is great, found it in about 2 min.

Earth Angel (Will You be Mine) (02:59)
Written by Jesse Belvin - Performed by Marvin Berry and the Starlighters (sung by Harry Waters, Jr.) - Produced by Bones Howe

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
That was a nice rendition of that song. I especially liked the version they used in the movie when the string section chimed in at the end. I don't think the strings were used in the version that was released in the soundtrack album.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you guys notice that Marvin Berry called his cousin "Chuck" (Chuck Berry?) when Marty was performing "Johnny B. Goode" on stage?

"Chuck! Chuck it's your cousin... your cousin MARVIN BERRY... you know them new sounds you been lookin for? Well listen to THIS!" - Then Marvin holds the phone up to the stage.

There are hundreds of little things in that movie, and each time I watch it, I spot another one of them.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
That's still one of my favorite movies. Yes, it's full of lots of interesting little details. One of the traditions of Spielberg's movies is that they contain some reference to another one of his films. BTTF has a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark and BTTF-2 has a reference to Jaws ("that shark still looks fake!")

And that wonderful John Williams theme that runs through the whole series of BTTF films - it varies from swashbuckling to sad to tender while remaining true to the main theme. Very well done!