Went hunting Maglites today...

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I've got my 2 kids and the wife has errands to run. So I throw the kids in the car and figure I'd go on a Mag hunt since I've been looking for a couple of 2C models. Maybe in a color other than black.
Home Depot = Only pewter, black, and purple. Bought a purple 2C. Already own black and pewter.
Walmart = Only Ds.
Lowes = Only Ds. Bought a red 2D.
Target = Only Ds. Bought a copper 2D.
Another Lowes = Only Ds.
Another Walmart = Only Ds. Didn't buy a teal 2D.

Couldn't find anyone other than Home Depot that carries C cell Mags.

Where do you find your 2C/3Cs locally (US)? Aubuchon? True-Value? K-mart? Sears? They don't sell C cell colors online.

cutlerylover

Banned
Come to think of it my walmart has the solitaire, 2AA, 2AALED, 3AALED, 2D, 2DLED and that about it besides the LED upgrades for the D and C models, but no C maglites...? Starnge, I guess they didn't sell well enough for them to stock the shelves...?

coppertrail

Enlightened
I picked up a 2C MagLite @ Home Depot when they were on sale in early December. I went back last week to pick up another 3AA MagLED, and they were out.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Home Depot and Frys are the only places I have seen C M*gs.

If not my Fave, one of the top 5 is a Silver 2C M*g with a lottery win M*gled.

In some testing earlier I have a 4D area light by Coleman. I have a frosted 3Cell bulb in it.

I handheld the 2C M*gled in the Coleman reflector... and it BLOWS AWAY the incandescent for brightness! I'm considering the purchase of a 4 cell M*gled to keep in that light! Only issue (and fairly serious at that) is the Coleman is all plastic. NO heat sinking whatsoever! But with it's "thermal throttle" it won't be THAT big a deal.

Chuck289

Enlightened
I was just at the surplus store today and they have Camo 3D Maglites. I might go back to pick one up

Niteowl

Enlightened
I've bought about twenty 2C mags at Home Depot in the last couple years. Mostly the colored ones, some black ones to get HA'd and color anodized. I was surprised to see Radio Shack carried 2C's on a recent visit. There's also a nearby hardware store that carries 2 and 3C's at reasonable prices along with parts.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fry's has a pretty good selection of Mags, but unfortunately, they're almost all black and Fry's doesn't have any East Coast locations.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
TigerhawkT3 said:
Fry's has a pretty good selection of Mags, but unfortunately, they're almost all black and Fry's doesn't have any East Coast locations.
Yeah. I was in a Fry's in Houston once. Giant place. Like Radio Shack crossed with Home Depot. Home depot has the Black ones. Only in 2C not 3C. I suppose I might go back to pickup the remaining 2 copper 2Ds at Target.
Thanks all. I'd like to find a red 2C or 3C.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nobody's mentioned Sport Chalet... they usually have all the sizes of Mags in stock as well as the Magcharger, replacement lamps for all the lights and even stock NiCd battery sticks for the Magchargers.