Husky LED pack at Home Depot

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not sure if there will be much interest in this since we're all waiting for Cree. Today in HD I spotted a 3-pack of lights for $19.97. It had a 1 watt 2D side clickie, a 6 LED 2AA side clickie, and a button cell keychain with tail clickie. All lights were aluminum and appeared well built, but couldn't really tell from the blister pack. The 2D looked the most interesting, as it was not overly long.

Geoff

supes

Enlightened
I bought one of these packs when they had them on sale on Black Friday for like $10 dollars or something. The 2D light is comparable to my Maglite 2D with Maglite LED upgrade. Although the beam is not adjustable like the M@G. I really the rubbey gripping on the lights, it makes it more comfortable to hold and also less slippery. I like this style better then the M@Gs. I was just looking at the small keychain button light with 3 of those small button batteries. I wonder if I could put 1 AAA or something and change out the LED. It's a light this small has a clickie on it. The 2AA light, is really cool with the multi-LEDs and that reflector. Mine had a real blue tint to it. The body is built is thick and tough. I don't know much about modding lights but these lights have MOD-ABILITY all over them. Now I just need to get the tools to attempt it....

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Saw that too.. They also had a 4 pack 2AA 5mm LED set for less than $20 I believe? Or was it Lowes? Either way in case anyone else is interested. :)