CREE is working on interesting things

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks to me that they have just found the recipe for making true white light...

-Goatee

X Racer

Enlightened
Sounds promising for sure... True white, no more tint issues, and just dial up red when you need it... Awesome...

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened
well a bunch of small dies like that would make a very very nice TV. Looks like plasmas days are limited already...... wonder what kind of lumens that will kick out... bet its more efficent too

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Do they mean the user can actually change the color of the light or that the R/G/B/UV mix can be fine tuned at the factory for a specific (white) tint or color temperature?

InfidelCastro

Banned
B@rt said:
I wonder what the luminous flux will be when they hit the market. Dial in the color you want.... Yummie! :rock:

This is one of the things I asked for in the ultimate light. To be able to turn any color you want it too! :)

TechPro

Newly Enlightened
It seems they mean the color can be fine tuned by ajusting the layers, it does not look like, based on the drawings that you could control current to each layer individually which, would be necessary to to control color "on the fly".