Help from anyone with MS Publisher

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone has a farily current verion of MS Publisher I'd like to ask a favor. I can email you a little file some contractor sent me - it's a bid proposal - just one page but it's in MS Publisher which I don't have a current version of and it is one of those file formats that can only be read by MS Publisher. I'll never have a need for MSPub and just need the info in this file if someone can even just do a 'Print Screen' of it than paste that Print screen into a Photo shop type program, save as a Jpeg and send back to me or by whatever means you might be able to convert or copy and paste it. I can read almost any kind of files except MS Publisher. TIA!

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Publisher is really old, and unlike other Office programs there is apparently no "Publisher viewer," but there is a free trial version of Publisher 2003 available.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks - I thought I remembered that but just hate installing any more MS progs on my computer. I guess I can try that as a last resort.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having visited that link I don't see any trial versions of Publisher available. They actually say there are no download versions available. I think there is a trial of MS Office but Office doesn't have Publisher - or at least older versions didn't.

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess they've removed 2003. But when I click the link on the left for "Try the new Microsoft Office System," I see MS Office Publisher 2007 listed as the 7th one down.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I finally saw that - I just sent the contractor a note to resend the info in another format - too much to install that for just looking at one page. Thanks again

greekfed

Newly Enlightened
I just looked and discovered that I have MS Publisher 2000. I would be willing to try if you send me the proposal. E-mail in profile. :)

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am 99% sure that I have Publisher 2003 on a computer at work. Email it to me if you still need it opened. I can print it to a PDF for you easily, if that would help.

Regards,
Danny

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone! I ended up taking another more careful look at the binary in this 136 kbyte file and found the numbers I needed intermixed in the binary junk. I was able to extract all the info I needed.