FYI: Broken Glow RIng

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
My wife dropped her keys today and the case for the glow ring split in half at the seam. The tritium capsule was still intact but was laying on the ground separate from the case.

I have been following all the post concering glow rings and the: hazards/no hazard/safe/dangerous and so-on. I just thought some of yall here might be interested.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm not wrong, it should be radioactive by now... rather radioactive.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Nope...the radioactivity can't even get out of the GLASS...let alone the plastic.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
sprinkle the vial on your food next meal and let us know if anything glows.
grin.gif

BIG MIKEY

Newly Enlightened
mine has gotten dust in it somehow, really pisses me off, and now the caseing is starting to split, I am just going to take it apart, clean out the dust and reglue it, along the entire edges.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
big mikey, i think i remember size15 saying they have really good customer service at traser. might send it back? just remembered, they might not want to ship to usa. a cpf member over the pond might be able to help you out.
wink.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've got a broken vial Glowring that one of my friends gave back to me (broken) that I have to get replaced if I can. I gave my friend one of mine. Traser have replaced without question a couple of mine in the past (it's always my friends who manage to break 'em) I think I'll post all the broken ones I can find to Traser for their continual improvement processes to QC.

Yet another job to do next year!

Al