I got it bad........

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
.......just been lurking here for little over a week and I've already bought 3 new flashlights, and got a "must have" list as long as my arm! :shakehead Another addiction that is really going to put a serious dent in my gun/knife fundage. :broke:

This place has been a huge help in getting me up to speed on a subject I'm a total noob at. Figured it was time I chimed in and said hello......you guys got a great forum here. With that said I gotta admit I thought I was doing pretty well over the years with the plethora of MagLites I own, never paid much attention to anything else. Did get a lackluster Garrity LED Aluminum a year or so back but wasn't much impressed by it. After spending a couple days perusing the forums here I realized I was pretty much in the stone-age when it came to personal lighting. I settled on a Huntlight FT-01 as my first major flashlight purchase and also grabbed a Dorcy Metal Gear Luxeon.......

huntlightdorcyyi9.jpg

I had no idea what I was missing out on. No turning back now! :laughing:

So here I sit with these two and a Nuwai Q-III on the way, and plotting my next couple purchases. Been eyeing alot of others but not sure yet which I want to get. There's a couple incan's from SureFire I want, a Lumapower M1 is near the top of my list, and there's a couple more Nuwai's I want. I'm also eyeing a Pelican M6 2390 and I'm definitely going to get a few more Huntline's (and that's the short list). I've dumped a small fortune into my firearms and I don't even want to guess at the thousands of $$$ I got wrapped up in my knives! I have a feeling my flashaholicism ain't going to be no different! :ohgeez:

I also have a strange suspicion that the more time I spend over here the more time I'm going to have to spend at work pulling in the O.T. so I can afford all these lights I'm gonna be forced to buy! :grin2:

2xTap

infection0

Newly Enlightened
I don't see a Cree LED light on your list (Fenix P1D-CE, Fenix L1D/L0D, Jetbeam C-LE are good examples)... plan to get one!

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome!
thumbsup.gif

infection0 said:
I don't see a Cree LED light on your list (Fenix P1D-CE, Fenix L1D/L0D, Jetbeam C-LE are good examples)... plan to get one!

I had been eyeing the Huntline FT01X SE XR-E but I'm still not sure if the jump in output is worth the jump in price, at least to me. Though I am real curious to see if and/or when Lumapower does a CREE in the M1.

2xTap

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard 2xTap.

Yes the call of the light is a strong one. I keep falling into the trap of ordering a new light before the last one has come in. I think I have had at least 1 light and sometimes more on their way for about the last 2 months. Man this is addictive!

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
Concept said:
Welcome aboard 2xTap.

Yes the call of the light is a strong one. I keep falling into the trap of ordering a new light before the last one has come in. I think I have had at least 1 light and sometimes more on their way for about the last 2 months. Man this is addictive!

Thanks! I'm pretty much the same right now.........bought the Dorcy before my Huntlight came in, and that day ordered a Nuwai Q-III which still hasn't arrived yet.........and as I type this I'm contemplating my next order:

Either a Pelican M6 2390, or a Nuwai TM-301X 5W, or a SureFire 6P-GM, or a Nuwai X-3, or a Tops Stryker 3W LED, or a Lumapower M1, or a combination there of!
naughty.gif

2xTap

cutlerylover

Banned
Welcome...another knife guy coverted, lol, good to see more of my knife buddies here!

p.s. I have a black Dorcy Metal Gear, and I ahve to say for $20 its just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
cutlerylover said:
Welcome...another knife guy coverted, lol, good to see more of my knife buddies here!

p.s. I have a black Dorcy Metal Gear, and I ahve to say for $20 its just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buttrock.gif

Hey CL!
thumbsup.gif
I've noticed there are quite a few of us knife guys over here. Yup, these Dorcy Metal Gear's are hard to beat for the money. Visually the output is close to my FT-01 though the flashlight itself is noticably bulkier. I've been toting mine at work......it sure beats the Mini-Mag I used to carry.

BTW, I just snagged me up a NIB Pelican M6 2390 in O.D. Green....of course!
buttrock.gif

2xTap

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Welcome 2xTap.

Are you near a Sam's Club? If you are, go there and play with their new HID spotlight. You won't want anything else after seeing that! :drool:

TJJP77

Newly Enlightened
I hear ya, I've been on an aquisition binge myself lately. And to think, I started off with a simple 20% off deal on a G2 nitrolon this summer and it's been downhill ever since. Once I saw how good a flashlight can be, I was hooked.

Good luck with your obsession....:twothumbs

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Good luck and welcome 2X! There are tons of people around here who would be happy to help you spend your money. :) Go ahead and put a Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon on your short list. It is a heck of a light for 25$.

LA OZ

Enlightened
Welcome welcome, the more flashaholics the better. There are so many good torches out there and it will takes you a few months to discover what suits you. Seems like you have started off well.

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate all the warm welcomes!

Been having problems getting a post to take here, I either get a "Server too Busy" message or a "Program Not Responding" error everytime I try to post to this thread so far today......this is my sixth attempt. I'm trying the Quick Reply option this time.

Hanging onto my wallet was negated by my knife addiction, so I'm I'm pretty much SOL when it comes to flashlights!

I got a SAM's Club nearby though I'm currently not yet in the market for a Spotlight.........yet!

I was somewhat surprised by the Metal Gear but my HuntLight really showed me what a flashlight could be. I'm pretty sure it's going to be all downhill for me from here on out as well!

Hey Matt! Yeah, I've noticed. Not familiar with that particular model of Streamlight but I'll look into one. I was at a ****'s yesterday and almost snagged up a nice Streamlight Twin-Task 2L, but settled on a couple Wenger SAK's instead.

LA OZ, you ain't kidding about the amount of good lights out there.......I know what I like but there is so many that there is no way I could buy them all......LOL!

2xTap

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
Well, my Nuwai Q-III just arrived a little while ago and here is yet again another light that has impressed me. For it's size it definitely puts out the light. I did a quick side by side with my Dorcy and the HuntLight in our downstairs bathroom (the only room in our house without a window, it's pitch black with the door closed....day or night).

The beam from the Q-III ain't as bright as the FT-01's, but is noticably brighter than the much larger Metal Gear. Though the Q-III's light has a slight bluish hue to it compared to either of the other two.

The light is well built with clean machining inside and out.....the external finish is nice though it sports a few minor cosmetic blemishes.

nuwaiqiii01vr1.jpg

The sheath that accompanied the light is about worthless, but for a light this size a sheath really ain't needed. I can see this becoming a hobby (read: addiction) like my interest in knives........I'm going to be so broke!
broke.gif

2xTap

matthewdanger

Enlightened
There is no turning back now. Just don't let the lights come between you and your Bark Rivers and Case Gunboat collection. :)

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
matthewdanger said:
There is no turning back now. Just don't let the lights come between you and your Bark Rivers and Case Gunboat collection.
smile.gif

Way too late! My more recent addiction to Bark Rivers has limited my financial ability to add more CASE Gunboats to the current stable, and my need to add some premium lighting has hindered my Barkie buying.

I was hording my pennies to get one of them BRK&T River's Edge........I wound up with that HuntLight, the Nuwai, and the Pelican I got on order!
huh.gif

And I just noticed DLT is out of the River's Edges in Red Linen.......
ohgeez.gif

2xTap