Eveready 1W and 2W

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nobody finds these lights interesting or worthy of comment?

Eveready has long been one of the biggest US manufacturers of lights. Whatever they choose to do with their lineup of light models has signifigant impact on the flashlight world.

The fact that Eveready has decided to directly challenge Mag's new MiniMag LED models is worthy of notice.

Eveready's market penetration makes Mag's look lame by comparison. Eveready lights are commonly available throughout the entire US. Nearly every small neigborhood store stocks at least one Eveready model: their inexpensive 2D plastic incandescent, the ValueBrite I think it's called.

These Eveready 2AA LED lights probably are not as good as the MiniMag LEDs, but it's possible they could turn out be better. They appear to have a rubber covered click switch on the body behind the head, which looks promising. I think Eveready will have to lower the price on these lights a little to sucessfully compete with the Mag lineup.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I saw the photos of the Eveready lights, I was reminded of Streamlight's imported lights. The pushbutton switches look the same.

I've not seen those Eveready lights in local stores.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're interesting in an academic sense, but not to purchase unless they're using a Cree LED. I don't see any point in buying any light now that doesn't.

c_c

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious_character said:
They're interesting in an academic sense, but not to purchase unless they're using a Cree LED. I don't see any point in buying any light now that doesn't.

Hey Curious_character, you're obviously right about the huge advantages of the Cree LED for us CPF types.

However, for most flashlight buyers it's not that important exactly what brand LED emitter is inside. They look at price, form factor, style, brand name, etc. The better informed buyers consider the question of LED vs. incan.

This class of 2AA Lux lights is so much better than any incans available in 2AA form factor that even the general public is starting to take notice. I recently overheard customers at the flashlight section in Lowes discussing the advantages of buying the MiniMag with a LED.

The MiniMag LEDs are so much better than anything available a few years ago, that I'm still amazed at their easy availability at hardware stores. But, these new Eveready lights may soon be available in many more stores than Mags. Places like Walgreens, CVS, maybe even some of the supermarket chains.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, I don't expect everybody else to have the same criteria as I do. I just stated mine. By all means, each to his or her own.

c_c