still looking for an edc

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
so it's been a few years, and i have yet to see a high powered 1xr123 flashlight (which now means cree xre powered) with mulitple stages, a clip, and a clicky that is reasonably priced. -hint... hint fenix/lumapower/huntlight :) -

-David

Last edited:

Tremendo

Enlightened
You can wait all your life, and whenever you buy something, there will be something newer coming out a couple months later (or less). I bought my L1P to EDC 1 year ago, lasted 2 months and was replaced with my MM L1P for 2 months. Then I got my FF3. I've dropped $2,500 or so on lights since then, and 8 months later my FF3 is still my EDC (over my P1D-CE's, JetBeam CR123, etc). Will I change it out? Only if something feels and works as nice for MY needs, but everyone's different.

No clip - I adjust and throw in pocket. I like it more now.
Twisty - Used to hate them, learned to like it. (And the FF3 twisty rocks)

It's like waiting for the girl that is absolutely perfect for what you "think" you need. We need to adjust, especially as time goes on. Or, you can wait forever.....

savumaki

Enlightened
I have carried the L1P since they first came out and have been VERY happy with it.
I did want something a bit smaller though and recently got the P1; absolutely blows the L1P away and even tho it's a twisty (beats reverse clicky) it is great.
Since it is a light to provide illumination at those times we haven't prepared for I can't see getting anything better for a while. I am still shaking my head at the difference.

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
I'm probably going to end up with some sort of surefire (when they come out with something that can run off rechargeables...if ever :laughing: ...and I'm not talking pila cells) or a jetbeam (not the one that's out now, maybe a cree clicky type with a clip and maybe a turbo mode)...too early so far for me :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheapo, bite the bullet and get a milkymods HDS B42 or the like.
buttrock.gif

Fits all your needs IMO.

CFU

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get an ad on clip for a mag and adapt it to most any light or make your own out of spring steel jus tneed a vice anda hammer.

Secur1

Enlightened
Heh i think we r both looking for the same thing more or less :)

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147619

1) Single RCR 123 3.2v powered.
2) Tail clickie.
3) Multi level (althow high-medium enough to read a book would do just fine).
4) Cree XRE P4 led.
5) Small form, as small as reasonably possible to accomodate all the features mentioned above.
6) Spot throw, i want maximum throw, even if it means there is no usable side spill what so ever. For me the best light in my arsenal (for the time being) is the LL Striker.
7) That will not cost an arm and a leg to purchase for what it is... 50-70$.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
cheapo said:
so it's been a few years, and i have yet to see a high powered 1xr123 flashlight (which now means cree xre powered) with mulitple stages, a clip, and a clicky that is reasonably priced. -hint... hint fenix/lumapower/huntlight :) -

-David

At least get "something" to tide you over until then. :grin2:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheapo...what's wrong with that little Amilite in your sig-line? Bright little things with a fair runtime by all accounts.

Use that for now and save your pennys for a milky-style Cree powered HDS...
smile.gif

CFU

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Casual Flashlight User said:
Cheapo...what's wrong with that little Amilite in your sig-line? Bright little things with a fair runtime by all accounts.

Use that for now and save your pennys for a milky-style Cree powered HDS...
smile.gif

CFU

the problem with the amilite is that it is too small... that is, I have no clue where it is.

-David

UWAK

Enlightened
Secur1 said:
Heh i think we r both looking for the same thing more or less :)
1) Single RCR 123 3.2v powered.
2) Tail clickie.
3) Multi level (althow high-medium enough to read a book would do just fine).
4) Cree XRE P4 led.
5) Small form, as small as reasonably possible to accomodate all the features mentioned above.
6) Spot throw, i want maximum throw, even if it means there is no usable side spill what so ever. For me the best light in my arsenal (for the time being) is the LL Striker.
7) That will not cost an arm and a leg to purchase for what it is... 50-70$.

I've got the answer for #1 to #6. This one was built by CM.
A19.jpg

Unfortunately I can't take a beamshot. But you can find the beamshot here and there in CPF. I'm very satisfied with the results. Great man to deal with also. Cheers!

Frids

UWAK

Enlightened
Sorry Hellbore, I thought nobody will interested. It's A19 head with McR19 reflector, Cree XR-E P4, FluPIC v2.2 inside and SF E1 body+Z57 tailcap. In run on 1xR123. And for who is CM just type CM in Search , you can find his works here in CPF, lot of it, I think. Cheers!

Frids

Hellbore

Enlightened
UWAK said:
Sorry Hellbore, I thought nobody will interested. It's A19 head with McR19 reflector, Cree XR-E P4, FluPIC v2.2 inside and SF E1 body+Z57 tailcap. In run on 1xR123. And for who is CM just type CM in Search , you can find his works here in CPF, lot of it, I think. Cheers!

Frids

Ohh ok I have heard of A19 and FluPIC, that is cool, nice light, about how much did it come out costing?

Secur1

Enlightened
UWAK said:
I've got the answer for #1 to #6. This one was built by CM.
A19.jpg

Unfortunately I can't take a beamshot. But you can find the beamshot here and there in CPF. I'm very satisfied with the results. Great man to deal with also. Cheers!

Frids

Ehm that does look like what i want but i can't find any information on it... Neither a sales thread or any thread mentioning it... Is it a mode CM does ? If not does he have a particular name for it ?

EDIT: Well after having a look at the prices of the individual components + labour required i'd say this light would difinately sell above the 200$ mark so it's out of my budget...

Last edited:

UWAK

Enlightened
Secur1... If you already have the SF E series it even doesn't cost above $180. Cheers!

Frids

Secur1

Enlightened
Thanks for the info UWAK but like i said before... it's out of my budget (or at least what i want to pay for such a light) even if i did have a SF E series body, which i don't...