E1E upgrade.

kooter

Enlightened
How can i upgrade my E1E? Is there a drop in lamp? Or better still an LED? Still want to run off a single cell.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
If you're quick you might still be able to get one of the bi-pin bulb holders Fivemega is selling in the groupbuy section. ( https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/147055 ) But there are only 3 more available at the time I'm posting this.

These bulbholders allow for the use of Streamlight Strion or similar sized bulbs. The Strion bulb puts out +/- 80 Lumens on a single 3.7v Li-ion cell IIRC.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pick up a KL1 or try a KL4 w/ rcr123!

I've got a KL1 out to be modded w/ a Seoul P4 or Cree.

kooter

Enlightened
Chronos, i have a KL1 but prefer the smaller form of the E1E. Its on a CR2 body, and looks really nice. IMO.

kooter

Enlightened
Sounds good maycooper.

Where the best place to get the rcr123s from. What ones do i need to purchase. How much better than standard does it make the E1E?

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
The high current protected RCR123s can be bought from AW in the dealerscorner ( https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/144427 )

The standard E1e puts out +/- 15 lumens (according to Surefire). The Streamlight website claims peak output of 116 lumens for the strion. The magic word being 'peak' so actual output will be more like 70-80 lumens, but thats still about 5 times brighter than the original E1e bulb :)

Oh and if you want that bi-pin bulb holder you better act quick... I just checked and there's only 1 left....

kooter

Enlightened
Paypal has been sent for the last one. Hopefully not too late. Still interested in other ideas as i have 2 E1Es. LED would be good.

cheers for the heads up maycooper. ;)

Last edited:

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
SWEET! I didn't know they were going to produce an E series bulb... wicked cool, been trying to keep up with them, but not been doing well..

I really want more light out of my E1W, I'd like to make both my E1W and E2W LED but as of yet, not found a solution I care for (not about to drill the reflector out, and not sure I care for the KL1 head on the wine colored body)

I've got a Strion Socket on it's way, and looking forward to it... if I'm not going to get LED for extended runtime (possibility of rechargeables) at least I get some lumen output for about the same runtime on rechargable

I'll be watching for the lumen Factories E series bulbs now... been contemplating ordering a high output 3.7V for my 6P, but haven't done it as I want it LED as well.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
coucoujojo said:
is there any LED upgrade for E1E?
Energie just
got done with one. He mounted a Fenix P1 head inside the E1E bezel. He used
a lathe but it can be done without a lathe just as well.:)

kooter

Enlightened
Cheers Energie. Any tips before i attempt this??

Does it have to be an interference fit? Or does the glass hold the P1 head still in the bezel?

Last edited:

Energie

Enlightened
It´s an easy mod. Good luck.

PS: you can fix the P1 head with a drop of loctite

Last edited:

kooter

Enlightened
Energie, the mod is complete. But its not working. The circuit is not being made properly, it does flash intermitently while putting the bezel on the body? Any ideas?? Apart from that it looks good.