Help, looking for 2 go to lights!

vtran96

Newly Enlightened
I would like to get 2 lights, one for EDC and the other a throw monster. I was thinking about the Fenix P1D CE, Luma's D-mini, or WE 6TX. If the Fenix had a clickie, I think the choice would be much easier. Is the WE LED tailcap useful? Any beamshots of the LED would be appreciated. The D-mini is nice, but lacks the flexibility of the others. I don't see using the EDC too often from my experience with the miniMag I carry right now, so I don't think I will need/want rechargeables. As for the throw monster, I'm thinking the WE M90X or Eagle-4AX. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the two. Seems as though CPF members prefer the M90X. Is that because of more modifications available? It's size is right about my limit. I wouldn't be using the throw monster that often so rechargeables aren't necessary. Also, the price is much more attractive for nonrechargeables. Trying to keep everything under $150. If I went with the WE for both, I'd be right around $100 which is even better. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance :)

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Wolf eyes 9AX with the new Lumens Factory bulbs ( over 300 lumens) would be awesome! You must stay with the small head for now to use the Lumens Factory bulbs. Then go for the Huntlight FT-02XJ...this light can use (1) 123a or with a second body (2) AA's. With the single 123a it is tiny- has good throw and makes a great EDC. Total for both should be around $100.

Last edited:

moontroll

Newly Enlightened
Fenix L1T,or whatever their fixing to come out with that takes 1AA.A mag ROP,I would stay with rechargables for all(NIMH).To each his own!

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
A inexpensive route would be the Fenix light as EDC (either PD CE or L1T) and a Mag 2C with a spacer made from PVC pipe from Home Depot/Lowe's to accept 3 X CR123's and a Mag-lite 6 cell or Radio Shack KPR112 bulb.