cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
-Ostar 15 Watt LED 420 Lumens at 700ma
-M.Stipple Modified Reflector
-Custom Heatsink
-UCL Lens
-FiveMega Premium Battery holder for 6xR123's
-Stock switch modified to momentary
-www.taskled.com Bflex drive board set to 750ma with up to 8 levels of Brightness
-Tri-Bored and Patterned host with Finned Head

IMG_0458-vi.jpg

IMG_0457-vi.jpg

IMG_0460-vi.jpg

IMG_0474-vi.jpg

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks TB I was trying to copy one of your patterns :) The Diameter is a little bigger so it looks different though.

Mac

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I would love to see a beamshot comparison for this lil' guy compared to... well, anything else - maybe a normal 3D Maglite... :laughing:
Nice work... as usual!
john

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
Thanks TB I was trying to copy one of your patterns :) The Diameter is a little bigger so it looks different though.

Mac
It looks perfect Chris...

I like the alternating block sizes.

Tb

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, you got around to building a light with the 6 die 15watt!:rock: Have you checked the forward voltage on yours? My 15watt is way under the average vf stated by Osram. They claim at 350ma it averages 19.5V and at 700ma it averages 22V. Running on 6 x R123 the bFlex wouldn`t function properly at 750ma if the vf on your Ostar was as high as the stated average. Good, more efficient!:) But I think you guessed a little too long with the 2 hour runtime at 750ma. Does the beam pattern seem any different than the 4 die 10watt Ostar? I`ve powered my 15 watt up but I haven`t put a reflector to it yet.

I like the battery tube design!:thumbsup:

Ken

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
kenster said:
Alright, you got around to building a light with the 6 die 15watt!:rock: Have you checked the forward voltage on yours? My 15watt is way under the average vf stated by Osram. They claim at 350ma it averages 19.5V and at 700ma it averages 22V. Running on 6 x R123 the bFlex wouldn`t function properly at 750ma if the vf on your Ostar was as high as the stated average. Good, more efficient!:) But I think you guessed a little too long with the 2 hour runtime at 750ma. Does the beam pattern seem any different than the 4 die 10watt Ostar? I`ve powered my 15 watt up but I haven`t put a reflector to it yet.

I like the battery tube design!:thumbsup:

Ken

My VF at 700ma is 19v. You are correct on the runtime it's more like just over an hour on High. It pulls 650mah from the battery's on high. The beam is the same.

Mac

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet light, Mac! Long journey, eh?!

How's the heat buildup in that monster? Dang, what a serious jewel this is!! :drool:

Mac = Beautiful Bright Lights!! :naughty:

Tidra

Enlightened
one day you'll make me really angry and I will be forced to buy something from you, your work is outstanding