how many?

shanover

Newly Enlightened
So, out of curiosity, how many flashlights does it take to be termed 'Flashaholic'?

I have:
1 Inova T3
1 Inova T5
1 Mag 3D LED
1 Mag 2D LED
1 MiniMag 3xAA
1 MiniMag 2XAA
1 Fenix P1
1 Fenix P1DCE
1 Nuwai Q3
1 Dorcy AAA

do I qualify?

Last edited:

arty

Enlightened
Nope - You don't have enough, and you haven't dropped hundreds of bucks for a light.
You are merely a prudent seeker of lumens.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
arty said:
Nope - You don't have enough, and you haven't dropped hundreds of bucks for a light.
You are merely a prudent seeker of lumens.

A little elitist, wouldn't you say? Just because you haven't dropped a $xxx on a light doesn't mean you don't have any good lights. It's the love, not the possession of lights that makes someone a flashaholic. :rolleyes:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shanover, you are a lost cause!
smile.gif

Welcome to full blown, terminal flashaholism.
tinfoilhat.gif

CFU

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shanover, welcome to CPF. You are indeed infected with the disease. Your wallet and bank account are in dire jeapordy. :caution:

coontai

Newly Enlightened
Flashaholism is more of an obsession and state of mind in my book. A flashaholic cares about quality, performance, and functionality.

farscape105

Newly Enlightened
How about when you go out looking for a specific food item for party for girlfriend, go to Target and call her for advise and then she starts wondering what you are doing and says "Oh my God, you are not in the the damn flashlight section are you?!" And she then says to "look down and slowly move away". And then 10 minutes later when you are at Walmart (seeing if they have what you need) you happen to find yourself unexplainably in flashlight aisle :) and see 2 guys looking at a cheap led saying things like "cool these are those new lights with leds" and it is ALL you can do to not show them your new P1d CE and educate them. :) Or today when you have a belated holiday open house party and show 3 separate people your light to be delighted in comments like.... oh my god....let me see that thing....where the heck did you get that from....I can't believe how small it is... Or when you show your small cree to security guards at work with their big heavy streamlights and love the look on their faces...Do those things qualify to be in the club?

carrot

Flashaholic
TORCH_BOY said:
It takes only one if you really enjoy it
+1.
farscape105 said:
How about when you go out looking for a specific food item for party for girlfriend, go to Target and call her for advise and then she starts wondering what you are doing and says "Oh my God, you are not in the the damn flashlight section are you?!" And she then says to "look down and slowly move away". And then 10 minutes later when you are at Walmart (seeing if they have what you need) you happen to find yourself unexplainably in flashlight aisle and see 2 guys looking at a cheap led saying things like "cool these are those new lights with leds" and it is ALL you can do to not show them your new P1d CE and educate them. Or today when you have a belated holiday open house party and show 3 separate people your light to be delighted in comments like.... oh my god....let me see that thing.
....where the heck did you get that from....I can't believe how small it is... Or when you show your small cree to security guards at work with their big heavy streamlights and love the look on their faces...Do those things qualify to be in the club?
This too. :D

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
shanover said:
So, out of curiosity, how many flashlights does it take to be termed 'Flashaholic'?

I have:
1 Inova T3
1 Inova T5
1 Mag 3D LED
1 Mag 2D LED
1 MiniMag 3xAA
1 MiniMag 2XAA
1 Fenix P1
1 Fenix P1DCE
1 Nuwai Q3
1 Dorcy AAA

do I qualify?

No Surefires? No customs? no HID!?:wtf:

You ain't no flashaholic!!:grin2:

Just kidding man.:lolsign: You are sick too.

Jorge Banner

Newly Enlightened
shanover said:

I have:
1 Inova T3
1 Inova T5
1 Mag 3D LED
1 Mag 2D LED
1 MiniMag 3xAA
1 MiniMag 2XAA
1 Fenix P1
1 Fenix P1DCE
1 Nuwai Q3
1 Dorcy AAA

do I qualify?

It's not the ones you have but the ones you don't, and their images that are eating your sanity away, that count. [font=&quot]:drool::ohgeez:[/font]

shanover

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I think I got it.... as for the high dollar items.... ya gotta give me a chance!!! only been into LED's for about a year now, and only found CPF a couple months ago... yeah, I think I am adicted to them..... just picked up another mag led bulb for a very old (think I got it sometime in the early eighties) Mag 2D that hadnt been converted this evening, and have been waiting on more Fenix CREE's to come out.... been thinking about the customs and surefires, and I can already see how this is going to drain my bank account. From what I have seen since I have been here though, you almost have to check this forum on an hourly basis just to have a chance at some of the customs that come out.

Been seriously considering testing my soldering skills with some of the mods I have read about.

thanks for all the welcomes!!