NexxTech Lights on sale @ 'The Source'

MacGyver

Newly Enlightened
In case anyone in Canada is interested, pretty much all Nexxtech LED flashlights are on clearance @ The Source www.thesource.ca till Jan 14th.
I know they're not high quality, but I just picked up a bunch to throw in gloveboxes, for the kids to play with, and a couple for donor parts.
FYI:cool:

bobc

Newly Enlightened
I picked two up, one 3w single cr123 cell 28.00cdn, and one 3w 2XAA 24.00 cdn, what I found very interesting is the 2 X AA that I had to order in came in a plastic case with the name SONCA on it so I googled it and found they are a flashlight company that has been makeing lights sience 1953.I found both my lights on their site and it says they both use High intensity 3W LED from Lumileds, USA . They are both well made and incredibly bright they are my first leds so I cant realy compare them to anything but my 3d maglight which they blow away. Are lumileds leds any good?

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
bobc said:
I picked two up, one 3w single cr123 cell 24.00cdn, and one 3w 2XAA 21.00 cdn ... Are lumileds leds any good?

Very reasonable prices for those lights ... radio shack (aka, "the source by CC") sells way over-priced lights generally, but on clearance (which seems to be happening semi-regularly these days) the lights are fairly reasonable by Canadian standards. Enjoy them (and welcome to the forums, btw). :)

As for manufacturers, lumileds has been the undisputed king of LEDs for last couple of years. That is, until the recent Cree madness began sweeping the forums these last few months. The new Crees are potentially up to 2X as efficient as the lumileds, but a lot of issues remain to be sorted out on reflector design, etc, to make the best use of these new leds. They are also more expensive, of course.