It finally happened to me!

SurefireM6

Enlightened
I've had that happen at the Post Office as well. Actually it was worse. I shipped a flashlight and insured it for $100. It was one of the small Priority Mail Boxes so it fit the 9P +A19. When I told him to insure it for $100, he asked "What's in it? Anything perishable dangerous or fragile?"

I said It's a flashlight. The next statement blew me away. He said, "To claim insurance in case of loss, you'll have to substanciate your claim with a receipt or proof of value. If you can't you might get your claim denied. Are you sure you want to insure your flashlight for $100?"

Man, just thinking about that day makes me mad! LOL. Obviously not a CPF member.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by Saaby:
I know that the insurrence is mostly a gimmick but it made me feel better about shipping my expensive flashlights out and my dad was paying
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I bought an antique oak wall telephone off eBay for $175 (insured of course)...sure enough, it arrived in many pieces! Took a couple months, but we received the total amount on the receipt! Must have receipt, and even if it had been insured for $200, they would have only paid the original amount shown on the receipt. There may be a way to "justify" the extra "above & beyond" receipt price, but I don't know?

Oh and they kept the "trashed phone"! Good, saved me from having to dump it! I imagine it went for sale at some "Government auction"...

Originally posted by .:
I ask... Why is it that you don't?
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Love it!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha-

I'm sure your friends know you are a little crazy. Now, I think they may be a little sceered of you.

I work closely with a female deputy division director. She has admitted that she and her husband have marginal flashaholism. They are both fascinated with my BadBoy.

I'm doing some software stuff for her division. Sometimes, if I see a trouble ticket with her name on it, I'll go ahead and do the ticket.

The other day I overheard a tech and a tech boss discussing a trouble ticket involving her new tower. I tagged along. It was a connectivity problem. The tech boss dove under her workstation and realized he needed a light. The deputy director smiled at me and I thought, "Oh cr*p. My BadBoy is on my desk." Then I thought "Saaby!" I pulled out my ARC AAA and handed it to the tech boss and he said "huh". He got the jack # and went to the servers to do the fix.

She wondered why I didn't tell him about the ARC AAA. I explained that the concept of spending $20.00 bucks would elude him. She explained that the concept of someone crawling around under a desk without a flashlight eludes her.

She got a little excited and told me she wanted to show me what she got for Christmas. Without fumbling, she reached into her purse and pulled out a blue LED Stylus. She explained that she liked it because it was bright enough to do allot of things, light weight and she could find it in her purse easily. I took a highlighter, made a little mark on my thumb and showed her the fluorescing properties. She exclaimed, "Wow! My own personal light show."

roguesw

Enlightened
Why is it us flashaholics get strange looks whenever we use our lights, but it never happens to my other friends whenever they pull out the old M*g. Is a bright source of light really that unusual?
I mean, if u look from afar, the old m*n*m*g looks like the 6P that i edc, its just a lot brighter : ) And to make matters worst, I pulled out the KL3 the other day, i got comments like when r u going to war, or hold ur horses young Luke, arghhh...
But it wears off, and i'm lucky to be around guys, so they appreciate gadgets hahaha
Cheeers
Des

Greta

Flashaholic
Sasha-

I'm sure your friends know you are a little crazy.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well... yes... this is true...
blush.gif

Now, I think they may be a little sceered of you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">... with any luck...
winkie.GIF

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"...it never happens to my other friends whenever they pull out the old M*g."

The Maglite product line, particularly the profiles of the individuals products, has become an icon in this as well an many other societies. Like hotdogs, apple pie, and baseball, the Mini Maglite AA has become a bit of a staple for the mainstream user. Unbeknownst to Mr. John Q. Public, there are products that have surpassed and eclipsed Anthony Maglica's AA offering.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Whenever I'm out of my house (unless sicker than a dog like now!!) I have an ARC AAA, and a Madmax equipped MiniM*g on me. Just let somebody ask me "do you have a light?". BWAHAAHAAHAAA

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by SurefireM6:
I think it was in the Combat tactics SF edition mag I read that whenever someone asks "Why do you carry a flashlight" you can answer "To see in the dark"
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I happened to see one of the "Spy Toys" items at a local toy store, and they had "Night Vision Goggles", which the kids can put on, allowing them to see in the dark, up to 30 feet! Pretty neat, except that it was just eyeglass mounted flashlights- hope the kids weren't expecting to be sneaky with them and see in the dark without being seen... Reminds me of the Mystery Men with the invisibility power- so long as no one's looking at him.
smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I have a Leatherman in my purse also. I've had that for years. Who has a P38 on them?
wink.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see here. Someone named Sasha carrying a Walther? Well, now I'm shakin' but not stirred.

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Icebreak:
Let's see here. Someone named Sasha carrying a Walther? Well, now I'm shakin' but not stirred.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, no, no... not a Walther. (my gun is an SA .45 btw...
winkie.GIF
) A P38... surely there is someone here who knows what a P38 is?
grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, Sash. Then, what other useful things do you EDC that we might consider? Please bare in mind that, other than darell, a Prada is out of the question for most of us.