• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired aleph 2 dimensions? , heads for sale?

highorder

Enlightened
hey folks. with the lack of heads available, I am going to fabricate a few for mods. can anyone help me with dimensions for the Aleph 2 head?

I have a Vital gear fb2 that needs an LED head, and I cant find any for sale. I guess I have no choice but to "clone" what I think is the ideal head for the job.

any thoughts, questions, comments, complaints, words of wisdom, or feats of magic?

thanks in advance!

Lonely Raven

Newly Enlightened
I was just thinking about hiring someone to make me an Aleph compatable head that looks like the old skool KL3:

KL3_240.gif
http://www.tacticalsupply.com/cart/images/KL3_240.gif

I don't have dimensions, but I'm figuring someone else can figure this out for us.

highorder

Enlightened
OK, easy. you want an aleph sized version of that? do you want it exact, or the same style?

the machining is the easy part. the lens/reflector/optic/window stuff is where I need help...

Lonely Raven

Newly Enlightened
highorder said:
OK, easy. you want an aleph sized version of that? do you want it exact, or the same style?

the machining is the easy part. the lens/reflector/optic/window stuff is where I need help...

It doesn't have to be a perfect copy, I just love the ribbed and fluted design. If it could fit an A19 head for a cree XR-E I'd be set.

This is my project on the C body scale:

p996202469-4.jpg

I'm having trouble getting a Cree in this head as well and was considering having it bored out for the new Cree reflectors. If you could keep the proportions and style, just make it for the E series, I'd be in heaven!