how do i put 100 plus songs on a cd

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
MY friend told me to use roxio which i have on my PC, i cant figure it out, i mean, i have a list of songs that i gathered from limewire library, i tunes and music match library. So inside o fthe ez cd creator i got to the area where it says to format the disc, then from there i am getting a bit confused, Mabey im a bit tired, i mean it is the "EZ CD CREATOR". Some suggestions and tips please.

Thanks

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
make it as a 'data cd' rather than a 'music cd.'

When you select "music cd" it converts the MP3s to WAV files iirf (which are much larger), so you can only fit around 15-20 songs on the CD.

When you select data cd it leaves the files as MP3s, much smaller than wavs, thus you can fit more on the CD.

The total number you can fit depends on the bitrate / quality / file size.

At least that's how it works with Nero, I haven't used EZ in years.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want to use create "data CD" instead of "create Music CD". If you create a music cd, you're re-coding your mp3 (most likely) as PCM coded audio which is the audio equivalet of a BMP picture file. The MP3 is more like a JPG picture.
The PCM coded audio takes up ~650MB/73 minutes. Music files coded as MP3s take up about 1MB/minute. You can encode about 700 minutes of MP3s on a regular CD-R if they are recorded as MP3 data files not a "Music CD". A CD with MP3 files written on it is readable by most modern CD music player. Especially in after market car CD players.