Little 2 cell surefire lights...

fire-stick

Enlightened
Maybe I'm just use to packin' my Surefire C3, but yesterday I went to bass pro ( for the 1st time) and I seen alot of Surefire lights, probably more surefire lights I've ever seen in my life, and I just can't help but think that the 2 cell lights are SO small. I'm not dissing them or nothing, I think the A2 is one of the best, if not thee best!

Does anyone here favor 3 cell lights over 2 cell ones ?

carrot

Flashaholic
I love my M3T (my only three cell light) but it is far too large and bulky to fit in my pockets. So I go with what I consider the next best and take the A2 or the G2z. :) When the G3 comes out I may change my mind, especially if there is a G3z as well.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to prefer the two cell lights due to length concerns; the two-cell lights still fit in a back pocket even with a Turbohead. Surefire's M4 is probably the favored light in my collection but she's only "deployed" when I can stow her in a backpack hahaha...

My normal EDC is a U2; relatively compact for its brightness, but mine's in the Surefire shop for repairs at the moment...

Backup EDC is a C2 with a Turbohead; okay for winter carry because my jacket can keep the head covered while the light rides in a back pocket.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the size of my custom Surefire- I run it on a M2 (2x123) body with 1x123 extender. I have the flexibility to drop to 2 cells when I wish (remove the extender), and I can run 3x primaries or 2x17500 (my preferred setup) whenever I wish. It isn't ideal for EDCing, but for hiking or walking it is just fine. I love the Surefire lego system and the flexibility it provides us.

I may pick up an M3T at some point. This plus a 1-cell extender gives me the flexibility of running in multiple configurations whenever I wish. Gotta love that! :)

That stated, I find myself preferring and appreciating small, efficient, multi-level LED lights more and more.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i love my m3t, but i must say my a2 is my edc. i am seroisley thinking about getting a c3 and sticking my new m2 bezel on it, then runing on two 17500's.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely favor 3 cell lights, and use a Z3 w/M2 bezel more than anything else, but rarely carry it on my person away from work. I keep it under the armrest in my truck when driving, and in a pack I carry all my stuff around in the rest of the time. I use a couple of 2 cell lights with R123s and 9v lamps, and carry my C2-HA when the Z3 is too cumbersome(the same lamps run brighter and much longer on 2x17500 in a 3x123 light, though). I don't fool with the stock 6v lamps, or anything with lower output than the standard 9v options that are available. For me they just don't have enough output to justify carrying a full size light-or enough to use at my work, where the vast majority of my use is.
One of these days I'll probably get a C3-HA, but right now all my needs are covered and then some.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Length is usually not the problem for me. I would rather that Surefire had made a 3 cell E-Series instead of this new G3 they are coming out with. A 3 cell light fits to the bottom of my pocket no problem.

Larger diameter bodies add bulk and that's what bothers me the most.