Seoul P4 and which McR?

ianb

Enlightened
I am getting a few seoul P4's and want to try one in a mod, with the different pattern of output compared to the cree XR-e which reflector would yield more 'luxeon' type results? a McR27XR or a standard McR-27?

Can the P4 die fit in the standard McR-27?

and secondly, I have my prized last McR-45, if I can get a P4 in there that would be awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks, Ian :)

(once I get them, it will be P4 U-bin + flupic and McR-27 :D)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The P4 will work with the relectors designed for the Luxeon LED's. To get a good focus, the P4 needs to advance forward into the reflector by about .030" or there abouts. With the McR-27, 38 and 45, this can be accomplished by letting the reflector overlap the LED. With the McR-20 family which seats against the LED, you need to remove material from the rear of the reflector. I know I have made these comments a couple times elsewhere but the joy of CPF is the opportunity to repeat oneself again and again until your wind is all gone! :nana:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
You might consider adding a document into that folder on your homepage where the reflector dimensions are located :p

ianb

Enlightened
McGizmo, thanks a lot, its very easy to feel when you need information for the first time and ask a question it may be new to most, but of course I forget I am not on here as regularly as I may like. I'm also guilty of forgetting to search before I post :( , duly noted I will have a dig in future before trawling up much covered material, sorry.

Kiessling, yes thats a great idea to add the details to the McR dimensions page.

thanks though, I thought that may be the case,

Ian :)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ian,

I was expressing frusration in general and not directed at you.

Bernie,

Good idea but I would rather be working with these reflectors than talking about them and documenting them! :p

I appreciate the questions being posted on the forum because they can often be answered by others. I still get numerous e-mails regarding questions which could have been posted here instead.

ianb

Enlightened
:thumbsup:

I guess its frustrating when you just want to push your ideas/work forward and you get mired answering repeated questions forever!

I know if I ever have a few bits for sale/giveaway I struggle to keep up with 10-15 PMs and a couple of e-mails and try to get anything packed up and posted. I hate to think how frassling it must be for you at times with countless lights to sell and 3 x times the number of customers as stock :D :ohgeez:

Ian :)

theslippyslug

Enlightened
I can't wait to hear how you get on with this mod...

I have a need to do something similar with this slightly damaged reflector...

mcluxreflector.jpg