Mid-winter HELL!!!

Chromatophile

Newly Enlightened
Okay, that title is a little extreme; it isn't quite that bad in my house. But, anyway, here's a list of what's going on:

One. My younger brother is playing rap music and screaming because Miami isn't winning. I believe it's wreaking havoc with my brain chemistry, thus contributing to my irritation.
I think, though, that I can drown it out with some good old-fashioned RAVE music (typical comment: Turn down the bass! TURN DOWN THE BASS!! My head's going to explode!!).

Two. I just ordered a Photon 3 from L.R.I. and a few UV led's from ETG. I sort of chose a bad time to order, because I was thinking about going to Florida next week (I'm from Florida, you know). I'm not positive I'll go, but I'm worried that if I do, my things won't come before then. I also have a lesser fear that the P3 will be one of the defective older models;

Three. It's too cold to go outside, and I can't garden. During the summer, I go out and sit in the woods if I'm feeling stressed out, and it actually works to relieve me. But going out in this weather merely increases my stress. One of the reasons I want to go back to Florida.

Four. I was getting the mail the other day when I slipped on some ice and landed on my knee. It pretty much immobilized me for several days;
mad.gif

Five. Gosh dangit, I'm just FED-UP and BORED! I can't wait for spring! Who else feels this way?

James

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, in Singapore, we got only 2 seasons. Hot and wet. Or Cold and wet. Now it's cold and wet.

1) 8 year old brother woke up too early in the morning and made everyone else wake up. It's saturday here.

2) I slept at 2 am last nite. So being roused at 5.30 am isn't really helping the situation

3) My mother is feeling sick. Sore throat, bloated stomach, cough. Fever. My brother goes over to disturb her.

4) I took the cane, went over, the rest was history

5) One of my friends came over and borrowed my bike while I accompanied my mother to the clinic. Such a nice cool wet day wasted, I had wanted to cycle today because the feeling of cool air in my face is very refreshing

6) My brother refuses to bath after getting himself dirty outside. He lies on the bed dirtying the just newly changed bed sheet. It's cold and wet so drying out something of that size won't be easy.

7) I still can't find a temporary job. I am utterly broke. I am waiting to enter the Army (Compulsary for all males who reached 18)

8) I decided I had wanted a Mag 2C because it's small and conviniet. But had a Mag 4D and 2 6AA battery adapters instead. Didn't really manage with the 6AA adapters well. They are going for a tiger light module mod which is put off indefinitely because of lack of funds

9) My computer got hacked. I just cleared out the worm a few hours ago. Now I am feeling damn tired and can't sleep. Once I missed my sleeping hours, that's it, I can't sleep anymore even if I am exhausted.

frown.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
James,
You didn't say where you were, but here in Texas, they say if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes.....it'll change. I guess if you do like it though, it'll stay the same. Today was around 60 degrees, clear blue sky, bright sun...same as previous 2 days & forecast same for Sat & Sun (except getting closer to 70*). Feel any better now??? :>) TX

Nerd,
I got a Mag 2C recently & converted with a 5D bulb & 3 123 batteries. Very nice to have a light that size & better output than a 5D light (better because you're driving the bulb with 9V instead of 7.5V). TX

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone wants a 4D m*g? Will trade for a 2C M*g with no top up... only valid in SG...

txwest, how many lumens do you figure it would be with the 5 D bulb? got any other bulb recommendations.

bwcaw

Enlightened
Yeah dangit! I wish it would snow or get cold or something! I am sick and tired of this stupid brown dead winter where it gets above freezing every day, and it only snows about an inch a month. I has done this for about four years now, and it is getting very very very annoying. Especially when you go somewhere and it is 50 or 60 degrees out, and someone says to you "isn't it a nice day out!" NOOOOOOOOOOO! It is supposed to snow here, this is the stupid midwest for crying out loud! what is wrong with the weather? To top all this off, on the radio this morning, the announcer said it is cold and snowing in texas, or california, or somewhere down south where it is supposed to be warm. This *almost* makes me look forward to another loooong hot humid summer. *almost*

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nerd,
I'ld say the 2C conversion is about the same output as my G2 w/P60 lamp. I know the G2 is much smaller & only uses 2 batteries, but if you already own a 2C Mag or Brinkman, it's a cheap conversion. I'm sure Carley makes some lamps much brighter, but the 5D Krypton's were cheap & easy to get. I'll try a 5D Xenon when I find it. The Mag bulbs don't tell you the amperage their drawing. TX

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see, because if I already have a Surge, I won't want something that runs on batteries which are non-rechargable and cost a lot of money and is not brighter than my surge by at least 2 times.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, the Surge is a much better light. The 2C Mag is sort of a conversation piece because of the output compared to what normally comes out. Although, it could be handy if you needed the lithium power due to cold weather or long periods of storge time. And the batteries only ran me $.73 each, shipped. TX

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see OSU won in double overtime. Txwest, just look at the from at the bottom of his post.
wink.gif

I just hope that there is no Anarchy Party (aka riot), like after the last OSU game.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Yea, OSU won... It was a heck of a game, very competitive. I would have like to just leave the refs out though. There were at least three or four calls that should not have happened that did influence the game. It was the most exciting bowl game of the season I think.

Back on topic... Yes its winter and its not been a good one yet. The snow is inconsistent and the world stays brown and dead. It can be hard to adjust sometimes. FWIW, I still go outside and take a short walk at night when I need to decompress. The silence of the night during winter calms me down. Try it yourself and see.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Albany Tom-

Watched the national news last night. I was wondering how you were doing. Aren't you supposed to get another foot tonight?

Here, if we get 3 or 4 inches the grocery stores are wiped out of basic commodities within 3 or 4 hours and most people don't go to work or school. You would be in shock.

In the spring time when the cottonwood trees release, it looks like snow. Many people don't go to work on those days either.
wink.gif

I know you're used to cold and snow but what do you do when it gets up to 4 feet?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you get that much (4 feet), it is time to borrow the Snow Kings from the airport. problem is that any vehicles parked or stranded in road, will be shredded. One pass down a 2 lane road, is all it takes.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Albany Tom:
Ok, I have 3+ feet of snow outside, 2+ in the driveway. Anybody that wants some just show up and take it away.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I believe I know the feeling.
grin.gif
wink.gif
I counted 3 winter storm warnings this week, not to mention the Christmas day deluge. I think it's going to be an interesting winter, if it hasn't been already.
cool.gif

Stefan

Enlightened
Just as depressing up here in central Alberta, Canada. The average for this time of year is -7C/19F high and -18C/0F for a low. But its not.
+7C/40F highs and -9C/16F lows are odd this time of year. And there is barely a dusting of snow on the ground. Too tempted to fix the bikes and go out hand-cycling while its nice.
We were hit with the worst drought the last year in a 130 year history.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
My complaints:

1) It's so HOTTT so bleed^ng HOT here!! :C

2)A family friend is away on holiday, so I'm acting house sitter (any excuse for use of flashlight in the middle of the night).

Tried my very hardest to sleep, I'm not used to any place that's not my bed. When I finally got to sleep around 1-2am last night, got woken up by the 4am alarm!! It was one of those radio alarms which I don't have and don't know how to SHUT OFF!! Pull the plug and it runs on backup batteries, push every single button and something funky happens to the display but it still plays talkback radio.

Do you know what it's like listening to talkback radio at 4 in the morning? What kinda people call up radio stations to talk at 4 in the morning anyways?!?
frown.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

77 degrees F. 38% humdidity here..
(but I 'paid my dues' living in Wisconsin, and NY..) and if it makes you feel any better I wake up about midnight for a couple of hours too..(if I don't take a pill) I see a higher level of anxiety in people I meet everywhere, seems to be more bickering, etc., I think it's the media/politics of the times related..
I listen to the only talk radio to get through here, often it's Art Bell, if you're familiar with him..what kinda people call him? Really mislead ones I'd say..but that seems to be the
format of the show; pandering to the paranoias and superstitions of people who call in..I know it is presented as 'entertainment' but I shudder to think how many of the callers and listeners take it seriously...another example of the capitalist system leading the masses further astray?
Is this what 'freedom' brings ? What about freedom from ignorance?
Was it John Muir who wrote that "in wilderness is the preservation of the world" ?
Sometimes you just have to get by yourself and think things out for yourself...if you can find enough peaceful moments...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ok , us So. Cals are getting ours tonight! 1200 acre raging wildfire a few miles South of me now..Last night there were 30-70 mph winds, and they are predicted again for tonight - in fact the winds are starting to really blow again now, 23% humidity, the police have stopped traffic North and South of me..and me without marshmallows...
..dare I doze off?

Latest posts