Square flashlight wanted

pixpop

Newly Enlightened
I've been searching for a nice square flashlight.. square, so it stays where you put it instead of rolling around. Also, should be able to stand on its end.

Does anyone make such a thing, or would it be a difficult DIY project?

highorder

Enlightened
you want a light with an anti-roll feature, and tail stand capability.

there are too many to count!

start with the Surefire E2D and hold onto your wallet!

welcome to CPF.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF! Watch your wallet, as the saying goes.

It sounds like you're looking for the Eternalight. http://techass.com/

The Eternalight sounds like a gimmick, but it really is a very useful light. It's well-built, and while some of the features may have questionable value, they don't detract at all from the light due to the well-designed interface.

Other lights that won't roll around include the SafeLight Super Bright and the Pak-lite. These two run on 9v batteries.

carrot

Flashaholic
highorder said:
start with the Surefire E2O and hold onto your wallet!
The E2O will not tailstand. Since it is discontinued, I'm sure you meant the E2D, which *will* tail stand? :)

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, dont to the square thing as it would probably be hard to hold for longer periods of time. As mentioned above, go with a light that has an antiroll feature. Which most of the surefire lights i've seen do.

Illum

Flashaholic
Alin10123 said:
Yea, dont to the square thing as it would probably be hard to hold for longer periods of time. As mentioned above, go with a light that has an antiroll feature. Which most of the surefire lights i've seen do.

most antiroll features are the utilization of a hexagon ring at the bezel...a square flashlight....is like using a square pencil, you wont like using it very often

carrot

Flashaholic
What's wrong with a square light, like the Eternalight? You hold it like you would a Star Trek Type I Phaser. Or a remote. Not all that uncomfortable, IMO. It's about the size of a pack of cigs, so it slips into a pocket easily as well.

Illum

Flashaholic
carrot said:
What's wrong with a square light, like the Eternalight? You hold it like you would a Star Trek Type I Phaser. Or a remote. Not all that uncomfortable, IMO. It's about the size of a pack of cigs, so it slips into a pocket easily as well.

i think Eternalight is anything but square....

thunderlight

Enlightened
I 2nd the Inova Radiant -- The 2C model. This radiant model tailstands, is a great all around LED light at a reasonable price, and is generally available at Target.

carrot

Flashaholic
D@rk Messenger said:
It also cannot stand on end
It can't?

352501159_2429170f32_m.jpg

Well, I'll be damned. :)

Really, the Eternalights are great but seriously underrated lights. Considering they use 5mms they are pretty bright too! I estimate output to be about 25 lumens or maybe more. The dimming settings make it a great emergency light as well, and on the first setting it automatically turns off (one LED at a time) so that you don't waste batteries accidentally. It's also watertight and has a lanyard hole, and the higher end models come with a magnet to attach it to things, very useful.

The Inova Radiants are square but cannot tailstand... good lights otherwise, I hear.

Last edited: