Fenix P1D CE - Resistance to scratches

TeK

Newly Enlightened
I've just received my P1D CE (natural) and I love this light. Since I'm planning to use it as EDC, I'm wondering if it won't get too scratched in my pocket with the keys. I can handle scratches on the body (they shouldn't be too obvious on the natural body), but how will the glass resist?

Anyone wants to share their experience?

coppertrail

Enlightened
Below is the P1D CE lens description from Fenix-Store:

• Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating

I don't think you have anything to worry about. If something were to happen to your lens, I'm sure you could purchase a replacement. Check out flashlightlens.com . . .

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
You may be missing the point.. you have only so much time to get enough wear on it to justify buying the NEXT generation when they come out. Might be quicker than you think.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
coppertrail said:
If something were to happen to your lens, I'm sure you could purchase a replacement. Check out flashlightlens.com . . .

Is the P1D-CE head any easier to open? The P1 was practially impossible to get to the lens.

TeK

Newly Enlightened
Mr_Dead said:
You may be missing the point.. you have only so much time to get enough wear on it to justify buying the NEXT generation when they come out. Might be quicker than you think.

You have a point... now that the Cree LEDs are getting popular we can expect some nice gear to get released soon. And yes, I suppose that Cree and Lumileds are working on the next-gen... Until then I'll just enjoy my P1D CE :)

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
TeK said:
You have a point... now that the Cree LEDs are getting popular we can expect some nice gear to get released soon. And yes, I suppose that Cree and Lumileds are working on the next-gen... Until then I'll just enjoy my P1D CE :)

That's my guess. Now that we have some real competition going on here, things are liable to get better in a hurry. No reason the solid-state components shouldn't be subject to Moore's law- twice the efficiency or half the price every 18 months or so.