E2 vs Cateye Halogen

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened
have u come across the stadium 3? Specification says it is equivalant to 80 W halogen lights from a 21 W xenon arc bulb.

Any comments on the brightness and the beam quality and range?

yclo

Flashaholic*
My temp bike light (photos):

fdd68676.jpg

fdd6866e.jpg

Photon knock-offs used most of the time, and big light just to blind people.
grin.gif

YC

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean:
M3!!
Now that's a headlight!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naah, that's not a headlight...

bikelight.jpg

This is a headlight
grin.gif
grin.gif

(At least, until someones ups the ante with an M6 or a Light Cannon..
tongue.gif
)

Graham

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously though, in terms of bicycle lights, I have a little rubber/velcro strap thingy which allows me to just put in any AA (or even 123A) based light..
And I can just pull it out when I park the bike, to avoid theft.

Graham

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
until someones ups the ante with an M6 or a Light Cannon..

Have you seen Craig Johnson`s motorised chair? LC100 strapped to the front. Possibly the only Rascal scooter in the world with short-arc metal halide headlighting!
And a heckuva lot of rainbow colored LEDs at the back too.
http://ledlights.home.att.net/how.htm

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
yclo, all those lights you used on your bike have pretty short battery life so I guess you won't be able to ride too far without changing batteries. Just kidding anyway.

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

It'll be a while before I can post pictures of it, but I've got a 50w halogen spotlight for my bike. Unfortunately this thing gets kinda toasty when I'm not riding fast enough. The joys of MR16 bulbs and parts from electronics surplus stores...

yclo

Flashaholic*
Alan,
Those photon knock-off's last pretty long. I'm thinking of changing the power source from cr2016 to some AAA's though.

YC

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Naah, that's not a headlight...

This is a headlight
(At least, until someones ups the ante with an M6 or a Light Cannon..
tongue.gif
)

Graham
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

chair211.jpg

chair212.jpg

There's your Light Cannon 100.
As far as I'm aware of, this is the first instance of HID technology applied to a wheelchair.
smile.gif

I also have a 85 watt Hella halogen off-road lamp that I use as a backup.

gpl1.jpg

Flashing LEDs mounted to the "handlebar" that I use as regular daytime & nighttime driving lights, whether they are needed or not. These are forward-facing.

gpscoot3.jpg

And these are the rear-facing taillights.
I selected the brightest Agilent, Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba, Cree, and Nichia LEDs to use in this installation.

There are also a pair of 40-LED (red) modules above each wheelie bar that come on and go off depending on my chair's motion. One of them is shown mounted in this picture; the other was being worked on at the time this was taken. There are also a number of "ground effects" LED arrays on this chair, but I don't consider them a visibility aid so I will not discuss them any further.

I'm also going to be adding Lumileds 4" taillight rounds and CHMSL arrays; both using their SuperFlux (tm) LEDs. If a driver can't see me now (which is very unlikely), they would need to be totally blind to not see my chair once those things are installed.
shocked.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
Have you seen Craig Johnson`s motorised chair? LC100 strapped to the front[/URL]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh oh, looks like you beat me to the punch. I just posted something about that.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

If anyone needs a bike light, I have a 15 watt halogen rechargeable vistalite in the for sale/trade section.