Target Sale on Brinkmann 3AAA 3 WATT and Mag 2D and 2AA led

lightinsky

Enlightened
Was in Tartget today and noticed the Brinkmann 3 Watt 3AAA is on sale for $24.99 and the Mag 2D for $29.99 and the Mag 2AA for $19.99. I didn't pick up any since I have enough lights for know but thought the forum should know. I am in the North East US just to let ya know.

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
This is also going on here in Kansas City.

I meant to post this yesterday, that Brinkmann 3W is a great light--especially for $25!

Has tons of throw

TeaQue said:
This is also going on here in Kansas City.

I meant to post this yesterday, that Brinkmann 3W is a great light--especially for $25!

Has tons of throw

Lousy drive design. 3 AAA alkaline directly drives a Luxeon III star, that isn't particularly well heat sinked.

BMRSEB

Enlightened
lightinsky said:
Was in Tartget today and noticed the Brinkmann 3 Watt 3AAA is on sale for $24.99 and the Mag 2D for $29.99 and the Mag 2AA for $19.99. I didn't pick up any since I have enough lights for know but thought the forum should know. I am in the North East US just to let ya know.
Hopefully, you mean the MagLED 2D not the regular 2D MagLite as Lowes has the 2D MagLite for $15...

EDIT: Sorry just reread the title, LED models..ooppss... :)

Last edited:

bxstylez

Enlightened
BMRSEB said:
Hopefully, you mean the MagLED 2D not the regular 2D MagLite as Lowes has the 2D MagLite for $15...

home depot also carries mag2d's and 2c's for $15 :grin2:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Brinkmann's star is heat sinked to a flat plate behind the star with thermal goop. Three tabs extend out to the inside metal jacket of the flashlight, where they make thermal and electrical contact. It's not terrible, probably about as good as a plastic flashlight can be heat sinked.

I have some Cree stars coming, I plan to put one in the Brinkmann. The reflector is nice and deep. I just tried it out.. it throws almost exactly like the D-Mini when you get the emitter inside the reflector opening!

I'll check the current on direct drive, if it's too much I'll add a resistor.

lightinsky

Enlightened
As for the Mag 2D it's the Led on sale not the incan. I posted it on the LED section of the CPF website because it's an led.

BMRSEB

Enlightened
lightinsky said:
$5 more you can get the 3D model at Lowes, not knocking your find though. Thanks for the heads-up..

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
Handlobraesing said:
Lousy drive design. 3 AAA alkaline directly drives a Luxeon III star, that isn't particularly well heat sinked.
Meh, it worked fine for me.

It got a little warm when it was on for awhile but for $25 its a great light.