• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Desperatly need Assault baton for 2C mag

van1

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, I'm in dire need for the assault baton for my space needle. My house was almost broken into last night :rant: while we were still home, needless to say I grabbed the Space needle for a look around and found evidence of some door prying. My wife now thinks we need some weapons around. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Niteowl

Enlightened
As long as you're in the house, hold the space needle in one hand and a aluminum T-ball bat in the other. Just make sure the guy falls into the house!

Seriously, sounds like you and the wife should take a handgun training course, if you're up to it. Then, practice, practice, and more practice.

van1

Newly Enlightened
Ya, sucked for sure. Not really into guns, even for protection. Seems like way to many times there are accidents and with kids around here......... I know that education with guns makes all the difference in the world but it's not even an option. I'de like the assault baton, cause then one hand is still free, and you can swing a smaller baton easier and still make an impact.

Topper

Flashaholic*
12 gauge pump, depending on the structure (thin walls range of fire stuff like that) you may need to go a little light on the shot (like BB shot or even 4 shot if the walls are drywall) you do not wish to over penetrate if a loved one may be in the next room behind an aggressor. But what do I know. If you just want a club as you inferred then you would be better served by a club that was not on the tail end of your light source. Think about it, you have to turn the light off the attacker point the light source into YOUR EYES to play "batter up" not really an option I would want nor would you if you give it a little more thought. Not sure that helps you but it made good sense. Give it a little more thought so you end up with a better option to protect your wife or she can protect herself.
On the other hand if you just want one hey, I understand that it sounds cool I want one and I don't have a space needle but being cool is not the same as an effective tool to protect.
I post this hoping you understand I am meaning well for you and yours.
Topper

van1

Newly Enlightened
Got some good points for sure! I was also thinking of an asp (extendable baton like the ones cops use) but it's still nice to have a light around too.

Keith

highorder

Enlightened
Seems like way to many times there are accidents

thank the liberal media. its not true.

for your trouble, go to the hardware store and pick up a few spare axe handles. for your money, there is no better impact weapon. several sizes to choose from as well. sorry for you situation.

I had an attempted home invasion a month ago. had he successfully busted down my door, I would have had no chance but to have shot him. I dont want to kill anyone, but if its me or them...

Niteowl

Enlightened
Topper said:
If you just want a club as you inferred then you would be better served by a club that was not on the tail end of your light source. Think about it, you have to turn the light off the attacker point the light source into YOUR EYES to play "batter up" not really an option I would want nor would you if you give it a little more thought.

Glad you mentioned that Topper. Well put. It's what I was thinking, but too lazy to state.

Guns with kids in the house is indeed a tricky situation, got three of my own. Certainly something to avoid in you are uncomfortable with guns in the first place. Mine are locked in a safe, ammo separately. My firearm of choice for home defense would be a Remington 870 20 gauge youth model with #4 shot. However I keep a loaded handgun in a very secure lockbox out of sight hoping I'll never need it.

Oh yes, think about getting a dog......I pretty much count on my German Shepard to be the first line of defense.

BOT, I've thought about setting up a 6C mag as an ROP, using brass stock as a tailcap/filler. It'd look harmless enough until you picked it up.

Colorado Fatboy

Newly Enlightened
Niteowl said:
Oh yes, think about getting a dog......I pretty much count on my German Shepard to be the first line of defense.

+1

Once they hear the dog bark they will go elsewhere!

Topper

Flashaholic*
Most of my guns are locked in a safe..the rest are just kinda laying around here and there or leaning up on a wall. My son knows where they are, he knows how to change clips, he can't clear a jam yet as I have failed to make a semi I have jam (yep I know more mud) I am comfortable with that.
Topper

van1

Newly Enlightened
All good points, BUT personally, I would rather not kill anyone no matter what the situation.It would be way to hard to deal with. Now getting back to the original thread though, anyone have one for sale?
thanks,

Topper

Flashaholic*
van1, you might post in the want to buy. You might go to Mr. Bulks forum at his website as he made them. A chance you might find one there. If you do not then PM Charlie (Mr. Bulk) on his forum he will if he can fix you up with one (I doubt he has them laying around but he might can steer you in the direction you want to go.)
Topper

tradderran

Newly Enlightened
van1 said:
Ya, sucked for sure. Not really into guns, even for protection.

Good luck you are going to need it. Better to teach the kids firearm safety
now . If not you are raising the next gen of sheepel.

Remember God created man.
Sam Colt made him equal.:xyxgun:

highorder

Enlightened
My firearm of choice for home defense would be a Remington 870 20 gauge youth model with #4 shot.

I hope you mean #4 buckshot (.250" diameter pellets). A load of #4 birdshot (.130") is NOT a recommended load for home defence.

chrwe

Newly Enlightened
How about these less-lethal thingies? Pepper spray or a Tazer might work out for you. AFAIK both require training to be used properly.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prevention and deterrence are best, so that lethal or less-lethal means of defense are not required. Dog, motion lights, "Beware of Dog" sign even if no dog, dead bolts, removing interior key so someone can't reach in thru broken glass to get it, etc.

Powernoodle prefers a Remington 870 for home defense, but I have a not so small arsenal of other weapons available, and have a concealed deadly weapons license. If you dont want guns around, then you shouldnt have them. As for me, mine are locked down but still easily accessible. The Powernoodle Progeny are often told what to do if they find a gun laying around (dont touch, leave the room, tell a grown up) and I have gone so far as to test them by leaving a gun for them to find (with its internals removed). I grew up in a home with loaded weapons readily accessible, and for some strange reason never shot myself or anyone else. Just like I never jammed flaming knitting needles in my eyes.

Pepper spray is good, though people smarter than me have good debates as to its effectiveness. I tend to think its reasonably effective, giving me enough time to run, fight or soil myself.

Have a collapsable baton in the car, along with pepper spray and my concealed weapon.

Taser is releasing a new consumer flavor, with a pre-sale price of $299 - $349 (with laser). www.taser.com .

cheers

highorder

Enlightened
I grew up in a home with loaded weapons readily accessible, and for some strange reason never shot myself or anyone else. Just like I never jammed flaming knitting needles in my eyes.

strange, me neither! funny how the libs in Congress dont think we exist...

on another note, in Michigan, having a collapsable baton outside the house is a felony. a concealed weapons permit applies ONLY to guns. go figure.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to post on Charlie's flashlight forum, too. Charlie would be my first chioce for a Space Needle baton. Another flashlight option is the TigerLight with pepper spray. The TL will give you a lot more lumens when searching for the bad guy, and that is important. Plus, it's a great light. I'm not anti-gun, but if you have the slightest doubt about using/having one, don't do it. Monadnock makes a good expandable baton that collapses with the push of a button. The sound of it opening is almost as good a deterent as the sound of a 12-gage round being chambered.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Just like I never jammed flaming knitting needles in my eyes."

but there is no inherent pleasure in doing that - while, for whatever reason (being a male, watching cops n robbers movies, dreaming of being a gangsta, coolness factor) there is inherent pleasure to holding a gun, imagining oneself holding a gun, etc.