Jetbeam-MkII

bushido-sig

Newly Enlightened
OK. If you're thinking about getting a Jetbeam-MkII STOP!!! what you're doing and order one!!! I just got mine today and am totally impressed. I haven't even put in a Li-ion battery in it yet. Can't wait to see the difference. This light is definetly going to be my EDC, just have to wait for my holster I ordered from Litemania.

Thanks goes out to all the forum members posting info. about this fantastic light. Stay bright.

josean

Newly Enlightened
bushido-sig said:
OK. If you're thinking about getting a Jetbeam-MkII STOP!!! what you're doing and order one!!! I just got mine today and am totally impressed.

Where did you buy / ordered yours?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll be happy with the output from a Li-on!
You might give up your MkII if Jetbeam comes out with an "MkIII" Cree :D

Li-on performance using normal AAs with good runtimes.

Hooligan

Newly Enlightened
I just got one of these myself and I am also very impressed. This was my first foray into LED lights and I couldn't be happier. I am planning on EDC'ing the light also. The only thing I am bummed about is that it doesn't come with a pocket clip and the MiniMag pocket clip that I put on it looks like crap (may be better after I paint it black). Also, due to the small size, a lanyard tends to get in the way of the tailcap.

I got mine from www.tadgear.com . It's always tough to cut myself off at that website...

letezac

Newly Enlightened
I also have one and running on 14500 is awsome, I think when I´ll get a MKIII im going to do "pipi" :)

TenPin

Newly Enlightened
If you're not flush with cash I would hold off buying any Luxeon based lights because the new Cree lights get double the performance. The MKII was a top notch light but now its been superceded.

Hooligan

Newly Enlightened
TenPin said:
If you're not flush with cash I would hold off buying any Luxeon based lights because the new Cree lights get double the performance. The MKII was a top notch light but now its been superceded.

That's where I am right now. I bought my JetBeam shortly before joining this site and learning about the Cree lights.

Bearcat

Enlightened
What are the dealers going to do with all those pre-Cree XR-E flashlights? I am thinking about giving some of my flashlights away to friends and realitives so I can have more room for the new Cree Lights, since I can not Mod worth a flip.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bearcat said:
What are the dealers going to do with all those pre-Cree XR-E flashlights? I am thinking about giving some of my flashlights away to friends and realitives so I can have more room for the new Cree Lights, since I can not Mod worth a flip.

You can always send it to a modder :D

If lumileds comes up with advances in the LuxIII and V (or something new, but hopefully with same size, footprint, beam angle), it'll be pretty easy to direct swap them into our current luxeon lights, and the lux will be ahead again!

You can give away a few, but just keep some!

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! Try the 14500 rechargeable option. It's like putting your MK-II is on roids--super strong, shorter lifespan (of the battery, not the light). The nice thing about the 14500 is that you can top it off each night so that it's always full power when you leave the homestead. If your rechargeable runs out of juice during the day, it's pretty simple to find an AA battery just about anywhere. I have Surefire's E1L, E2L, L1 and L4, and the MK-II is the one I choose to carry with me all the time. My only complaint is the lack of a clip.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my MKI and from testing and reviews, it seems brighter than the MKII. I run mine with the 123A body most of the time tho, but it's my brightest LED to date (until I pick up a Cree-based light) while also being one of my smallest. Sweet light! And my wife appreciates it for it's hand-warming abilities when running off Li-Ions.

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how much of that brightness difference can be seen by the nekked eye. On a 14500, my MK-II looks about as bright as my L4. Yet the L4 is rated at 100 lumens and the MK-II on roids is supposed to be somewhere around 75-80 lumens.

bushido-sig

Newly Enlightened
reply to Josean

I got mine from TAD gear. I called them up to make sure they had 'em in stock and the guy told me they have a lot in.

Jetbeam-Mk III?!!!!! when is this going to happen? I'm just begining to start my collection so I'll definetly start saving for a Cree Jetbeam.

This forum is awesome. My lady thinks I'm a little strange for having this new obsession with "flashlights" but ever since I serendipitously found this site I can't stop coming back.

Keep up the great work.

Hey, when are you super CPF'ers coming out with a book...or is one out?

Last edited: