HDTV's with Picture in Picture

BB62

Newly Enlightened
I have a 32' Sony XBR with PIP (picture-in-picture), a function I LOVE.

Over the past year I have been studying up on plasmas and LCD sets, but the ones I am looking at, supposedly the best in their respective categories (Panasonic & Pioneer - plasma, Sony, Samsung & Sharp - LCD) don't seem to have sets that do the simple PIP function that my current CRT does!

I don't have to fiddle around with a VCR remote to get the PIP - two straight cable inputs (not selected to any channel) go into two input areas on my current TV and the TV's dual tuners do the rest.

I cannot seem to find an HDTV that does what I am looking for without having to resort to other controllers. The one I tried (a Sony XBR DLP) would only display one HD and one NTSC channel, and even then I seem to recall swapping problems problems.

Any insights appreciated.

BB62

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't know if it helps any but my 32" westinghouse lcd has pip.

you must check out westinghouse before you buy the expensive stuff.

i could never get the pip to work on it until i got the hd dvr from my timewarner cable.

now i have pip function with my cable remote, no extra remotes needed.

btw, i've compared it to my dad's 32" sony lcd and at times mine actually seems better.

i hope that helps.

Sarratt

Enlightened
I was looking to replace my old Sony that has had PIP but was told that there were no TV's in my price range for that.
Something about dual digital recivers ..Hell hell while I like my new picture I dearly miss Picture in Picture.
(plus I was told it was not a used feature---bull poop)
shheeeeh 3000 for a tv tho //?