Keychain light questions

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this keychain light. It didn't use a flat watch battery but a tiny cylindrical battery, just like AAA, except much shorter and even smaller in diameter. What was it? And what kind of battery is that?

Lithium? voltage? Run time?

Secur1

Enlightened
Chances are it's one of those cells used in car alarm units etc so it's just coin cells packed together 3-4.
The only AAA width cell i know that is short and sweet ermmmmm i ment powerfull is the 10280 Li-ion but only "custom" keychain lights use this one, like the Draco.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
No,it wasn't a coin cell at all, it was a miniature copy of the D cell - much much smaller, It's length was slightly longer than the diamter of a large coin cell.

FloggedSynapse

Enlightened
Assuming it's a lithium battery, it would likely be either a 'cr123' or 'cr2' battery. Lithium chemisty produces slightly over 3 volts when fresh - about double the voltage of alkalines.

There are several small flashlights that use the cr123; I'm not familiar with them.

I am familiar with the ION, which I've got. It takes a cr2 battery (smaller of the two) and has two modes, low which lasts close to 40 hours, and high which holds for close to 90 minutes.

http://www.photonsintl.com/cr2ion.html

kingoftf

Newly Enlightened
Could be this one: CR 2 with 3 Volt 750 mAh (Ø x L) 15.6 mm x 27 mm

626465_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

or this one for Carlocking Remote with 12 Volt: 38 mAh (Ø x H) 10 mm x 28 mm

615463_BB_02_FB.EPS.jpg

Secur1

Enlightened
etc said:
No,it wasn't a coin cell at all, it was a miniature copy of the D cell - much much smaller, It's length was slightly longer than the diamter of a large coin cell.

I didn't say it was a coin cell, i said that if u open the cell u will find stacked coin cells (but i didn't phrase it clearly enough so , sorry my bad).

Check out this thread i made about something similar, i posted some pics as well and i'm guessing this is the cell you found as well :)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/140473

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it looks very much like that A23 cell.

Re: comment below - it has to be better than a single watch cell? How does it compare to a Fifth Element keychain light, the one where you get one for 50 cents kind of deal, it uses 2 coin cells.

Inside, you'll find eight small button cells literally stacked together and held together with a metal jacket. The capacity on it is incredibly low.

40mAh under 500µA load. Internal resistance spec indicates voltage drop to ~10.4v at 12.5mA.