Where can I get Berkeley Point style clips locally?

Saaby

Flashaholic
You can't get BP quality clips locally, but you can get a wire gate clip. I found one at my hardware store back by the chains and such for $1 that I'm using on my keys but it's nowhere near as nice as the BP clip--it's like a Mag Solitare vs. an Arc AAA
wink.gif

Lowe's didn't have anything, it was the much much smaller "True-Value" that did.

Kirk

Enlightened
V8,
BP's website says they want to work with "Value Added" partners. I'd say give them a call or e-mail and ask for local BP distributors. If that doesn't work you could try a boat supply place. They should have stainless steel stuff or maybe bronze--you know, corrosion-resistant hardware. Chrome-plated bronze would be pretty cool, I think.
Kirk

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I've been using that kind of hardware for decades, and haven't seen a nice small clip like Berkeley Point sells very often, and never any less expensive when you add it all up.

Least expensive shipping for little tiny things is First Class with Delivery Confirmation using the print-your-own-label-and-postage service at usps.com -- an 8-ounce package goes cross country for under $2 -- so you might try to convince any supplier to check into that.

I've actually succeeded in the past with people sending little LED lights -- they use their PC to print the label, drop the package in the mail, and can check to see delivery was confirmed online, once they have signed up with the USPS to do that, and it's much cheaper than parcel services.

Darell

Flashaholic
I usually solve the "shipping is too expensive for these little items" problem by simply buying LOTS more stuff! Sad, yes. But true. There are so many neat things on the BP site, that you're sure to fill a shopping basket, and spread your shipping costs thinner.

Or, look at it another way: The clips are about $6 and the shipping is free. Either way, the clips are worth it.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any interest in a group buy then?
If hank is right then First Class mail to the CONUS+2 should only be about $2.

I'll set it up if the demand is there.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
GJW,

If you want to put a group buy together on the clips, I can see that you get what you need with a discount on the clips as well. Come up with a total number and e-mail me with the particulars.

- Don

BTW, I suspect most people will want the shiny ones and not the blasted units. (Guy who blasts them is a flake and they never look the same)
grin.gif

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck. Turn my back for a minute (well, months....) and I missed it. The link above is to the old forum, no longer working.

Was I right about the USPS postage? Did the group buy work? Will there be another one?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
UnanimousConsent said:
Of course you guys want to do a group buy after I just ordered mine yesterday...

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
You'll get your clips much faster than waiting for a group buy to be finished up. When the last group buy for BP clips was taking place, I contemplated being patient or getting them in my hands sooner. I'd been meaning to buy some for a long time and just went over the edge and ordered on my own.

Example (and not meaning to complain): It's taking forever to get the needed diodes for the ARC "Grey Kits". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif