Nuwai QIII Driver Board Size

thefish

Enlightened
What diamater board is in the Nuwai QIII? I am trying to resize my CC 1 Watt driver design (currently 0.69" dia) to fit my QIII and mate it to a Cree LED.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be interested in a QIII-sized driver. In case no one responds by tomorrow, I'll go home tonight and measure one for you (or do it at work tomorrow with a digital caliper for greater accuracy).

thefish

Enlightened
wmpwi said:

It's that large... looking at the outside I would have thought it is smaller than that... my current board at 0.69" would work for this then with some slight mods to hold it in there. I also think I may be able to make a board that is 0.55" dia but it requires a daughter board attached to the switch mechanism in the flashlight for the variable current control to work.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measured about 20.8mm (0.82") on my QIII driver board.

thefish - how are you going to effectively make your driver board larger? I've been looking for a more efficient driver for my QIII for a while (I believe that's the QIII's only major negative) and found one that measures 17mm (0.67"), but I couldn't find a way to effectively make the board larger in diameter. The only thing I could think of was to use a larger contact board below the driver board and somehow solder the pos and neg connections from the driver board to the contact board. But that would add thickness to the driver assembly. It'd be nice if you could enlarge your driver to 21mm so it'd be a direct drop in to the QIII. If not, let me know how you make the board effectively larger as I'd want to try that out with both your driver and the other driver I found.

Thanks!