m*g60 vs.wolf-eyes 13v- newbie questions

jb257

Newly Enlightened
I need some help choosing which light to use on the night shift. I have read every thread that I can find surrounding the wolf eyes 13v and the m*g 60 and I still have unanswered questions. (I am currently carrying a pair of stingers and an L2. )

1. What is the difference between the 13v running on three 150's and three 168's? More output? Longer runtime? I'm interested in the stock setups as listed on PTS.

2. It seems that all of the threads that listed parts for a m*g60 build are closed. Are there any other sources for cammed reflectors, mica shields, and high temp sockets? I know that I can get by with just the wa1160 and a new battery pack. However, will it survive extended use night after night?

3. I had a maglight for the first three years on the job. After tons of usage the beam went from a nice bright spot to an egg shape. Several other officers have experienced the same phenomenon. I was so disappointed with the beam that I sold the light. What was the most likely cause: Bulb, lens, or reflector?

4. How do the two lights compare output wise?

5. Any thoughts on the charging situation. I am strongly leaning towards the magcharger's cradle system since it has a DC option.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
When using 168A cells, the Wolf Eyes 13V will deliver a lot more runtime and a little more brightness.

Wolf Eyes makes two DC chargers for this light: the model 1210 13V DC tailcap charger and the DH-02 dual-chamber fast charger.

I have no experience with Mags, but with Wolf Eyes, you could choose from four lamps:

300-lumen Wolf Eyes 13V
350-lumen (my estimate) Wolf Eyes 12V
400-lumen Lumens Factory 13V (coming next month)
700-lumen Lumens Factory 13V

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
Hey JB257, welcome to the forums.

Since you wanted the stock setup, the PTS website has everything for a one stop shop. Paul directed me with the M90X (non-rechargeable) with the conversion kit (choose the bulb, extender, battery and charger). That's an all-in-one purchase and you're good to go as soon as it arrives.

For myself, I opted to go with the M90X, conversion kit, as above but without the battery and charger and a pre-order of the LF 700lumen LA. I'm going with after market stuff, namely, AW 18650s [same as the 168As above] and ultrafire charger [identical to the stock with a few better offerings].

Since you do a night watch, there's also some accessories that may interest you, i.e. the 4-LED tailcap or tactical tailcaps. I choose the red 4-LED tailcap and the holster, just waiting for everything to arrive. I'm also getting the 400lumen continuous run LA from LF, mentioned in Paul's post below, as soon as they have it.

Also, don't forget to PM Mike@PTS for the CPF discount.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what are the advantages of the M90 9V (rechargeable) over the 13V version? Why does the stock M90 non-rechargeable seems to be brighter than both?