New life for a P1

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my P1 for only a short time before the P1D CE came along. Which, of course, I had to get, too. I've been trying to figure a way to put the P1 to good use since the P1D CE took over its function as a small, lightweight long-throw light.

I'd also been looking for a decently bright floody light. The P1 turned out to be ideal -- all it needed was a diffuser. I tried a few materials I had around, and found that a piece of Scotch Matte Finish Magic Tape was the best to use. It only drops the total light output by about 10% and makes the P1 beam a lot more floody. There's still a brighter area in the middle, but it's diffuse. With the tape, it lights up nearby off-center objects a lot better than the unmodified light. 3/4 inch wide tape was just right to stick to the rim of the P1, so it can be peeled off without a problem if necessary. The tape was trimmed around the rim with an X-Acto knife.

Now I have a nice, bright, long-throw light and a bright floody light. Both together weigh just a few ounces and easily fit in a pocket. And the P1 is off the shelf!

c_c

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
give/sell the P1 to someone not being on cpf,
anyone willing to use CR123s will gladly appreciate such a light and might not care (or even know) about Cree ...

Tachion

Newly Enlightened
The P1 is a very nice spare battery compartment for the P1D ce. :grin2:

And if the worst should come to pass and the P1D CE stops working the P1 will be a very decent emergency replacement. ;)

highorder

Enlightened
a true flashaholics answer!

"I only cary that light to hold a battery for this one..."

nice.

Tachion said:
The P1 is a very nice spare battery compartment for the P1D ce.
grinser2.gif

And if the worst should come to pass and the P1D CE stops working the P1 will be a very decent emergency replacement.
wink.gif