creating a webpage

notos&w

Enlightened
can someone direct me to a good, short tutorial on creating a webpage? i learned in college but have since forgotten.
i created my last one in MS Word and dont want to buy an expensive program to post a few pics for friends and family to see.

thanks

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep forgetting the details even though I learned one rev pretty thoroughly so I do this frequently...

choose your favorite page, select "view source" from in your browser and go nuts with cut & paste!

Oh yes, but I should mention that this does NOT work well if the pages were generated by MS products. This sounds like an un-called-for slam against MS, but Word et al usually place lots of Explorer and Win specific junk in there, and it has to guess what formatting is important to you so it sticks lots of FONT tags in to line things up & stuff, so don't use a Word page as an example of good standard coding.

This (Web Consortium) gives it to you straight from the horse's mouth since it sets the standards, but I bet the links in the posts above have far better tutorials.