Moderately exciting discovery

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
Well, I decided to work from home today...
Just as the neighbours decided to have cavity wall insulation installed (think generators, hammer drills, white vans etc.)
So I started to tinker with my little drawerful of flashlight bits & pieces. And this is what I found!
The case for the Orb Raw accommodates the CR123 body for the Fenix L2P EXACTLY! Just needs a little finger to extract it!
Another good reason to order a Raw (or save a bit & buy a spare case).
Note to my American friends: Most British homes are built with double-skinned brick walls, unlike you sensible people who build your homes out of termite food.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
My joy is complete.
It holds the L1P body PERFECTLY!
So, for travelling, I have the perfect combination: L2P head and 3 bodies (1AA, 2AA, CR123).
Now, where to stash the L2P body? (Ha ha, very funny...)

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frank Maddix said:
Note to my American friends: Most British homes are built with double-skinned brick walls, unlike you sensible people who build your homes out of termite food.

Did I sense some anti-termitism in your tone?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frank Maddix said:

We pay high insurance costs to support our quality construction...and this supports many millionares. Besides, many retired folks have nothing else to spend thier $600 social security on...well, that and property taxes. A car is not a not that important...old people can walk or push thier wheelchairs...it`s healthy...say`s our gov.

So please don`t make fun of our construction...our government building codes are set up that way for a reason.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can we say? We like our entire house to burn to the ground when we have a kitchen fire. It's the best way to get a fresh start.

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frank Maddix said:
I'm against anything that brings the house down
Then you should know that earthquakes are the reason why such brick construction is illegal and uninsurable in many parts of America.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frank Maddix said:

There is a reason we don't build with brick out here in California.

Earthquakes.

You don't want to be anywhere near a brick building in an earthquake.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Every material has its good sides and bad sides. Wood is great in areas with earthquakes, while bricks are more suited to the wet condition found in the UK and the Netherlands.

Be glad that different materials are used in different places... that way you have something different to look at when you go on holiday :)

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
MayCooper said:
Every material has its good sides and bad sides. Wood is great in areas with earthquakes, while bricks are more suited to the wet condition found in the UK and the Netherlands.

Be glad that different materials are used in different places... that way you have something different to look at when you go on holiday :)
Good point - then I remembered that friends of ours have a cottage where the main wall is wattle and daub - built around 1350 I believe... Now how about that! A half-timbered torch - sorry - flashlight!

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
I ought to fess up that I lived in Connecticut for a year in 2000/1 and a great pleasure for me was to visit old towns like Litchfield or to drive up the old Highway 1 and see the beautiful old houses and small towns. This was before I became a flashaholic. Now I could go in the dark!

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frank Maddix said:
I ought to fess up that I lived in Connecticut for a year in 2000/1 and a great pleasure for me was to visit old towns like Litchfield or to drive up the old Highway 1 and see the beautiful old houses and small towns. This was before I became a flashaholic. Now I could go in the dark!

"Old" being relative of course. Having lived in California for a while before returning the England I cracked up when watching the film L.A.Story. Steve Martin was driving a friend around Beverly Hills on a tour, proudly stating that " Some of these houses are more than 20 YEARS old...."