Inova X5 - Battery orientation?

Rando

Enlightened
I just got a pre-owned Inova X5, and there is a raised + in the tailcap. Does this mean that the cells should be inserted - side first (flat, negative end towards LEDs, positive nipple towards tail)? It appears that way from the image on Inova's website, but I couldn't find an owner's manual.

ValhallaPrime

Newly Enlightened
yep, thats how mine said it was supposed to be on the packaging. Enjoy the X5, she's a real vampire for old 123's that won't even fire up in older lights.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, in my experience a "+" usually means to line the "+" of the battery with that side. ;)

(sorry for the sarcasm, it's been an awful day and the only person who laughs at my jokes is me, so just ignore me as I amuse myself.)

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
ValhallaPrime said:
yep, thats how mine said it was supposed to be on the packaging. Enjoy the X5, she's a real vampire for old 123's that won't even fire up in older lights.

As long as the cells stay matched. If one runs down before the other :poof:

It's usually better to run down almost-dead cells in single cell lights to avoid this problem.

Fenris

Enlightened
AndyTiedye said:
As long as the cells stay matched. If one runs down before the other :poof:

It's usually better to run down almost-dead cells in single cell lights to avoid this problem.

I'm pretty sure the X5 doesn't draw nearly enough current to be worried about that.

ValhallaPrime

Newly Enlightened
Fenris said:
I'm pretty sure the X5 doesn't draw nearly enough current to be worried about that.

yeah, seriously, and besides, I keep my batts as strict matched pairs. I sharpie all of them with matching letter/number combinations and keep them all together. When the Surefire E2D won't fire up anymore on a set, that set moves to the X5. That freakin thing will go another HOUR (actually about 75 mins) before it starts to dim out below easy suburban night-time sidewalk walks. After that, it seems to moon on for at least an hour after that. Most definitely enough light to still move around a dark house with, without waking up the wifey.

In comparison, those same cells won't even fire up in the Fenix P1, outside of a half-second dim-out.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
(sorry for the sarcasm, it's been an awful day and the only person who laughs at my jokes is me, so just ignore me as I amuse myself.)[/QUOTE]

You better not or you'll go blind and grow hair on your palms! Welcome to Inova with the pos downward.