anybody have beam shots of a gladius/cree using the stock reflector?

TechPro

Newly Enlightened
The title pretty much says it all...I'm upgrading my gladius to cree and would like to know how the stock reflector works. I've read that the crees need a fairly deep reflector, does it need to be stippled?

Thanks,
Nate

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Are you modding yourself?
I would like to know more about this mod as I love my gladius... a cree would be great.
Even if not much brighter, runtime would be extended:)

TechPro

Newly Enlightened
waynejitsu, I will be doing the mod myself, I don't have specifics on how powerfull the drive circuit is on the gladius in mA, but I believe the gladius slightly overdrives a 3 watt luxeon, that and it will run on high output for 70 min. would have me guessing about a 1000mA drive. the cree outputs some 175 lumens at 1000mA although it's only rated @ 700 mA. This has me expecting much higher output assuming I can find the right reflector as the light is emmited in a much different pattern on the crees. The idea of daily use at a much dimmer setting AND having nearly twice the lumens leads me to believe the gladius would be the perfect modding light, cept for that whole voiding the warranty thing... as far as beam shots, I'll do my best but have been less than satisfied with the quality of the pix so far... I'll keep trying and keep you posted!

Nate

It seems I should be expecting the pattern to be more u2ish with the stock reflector....We'll see soon!

Last edited:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Please keep us informed:)
I would like a modded one if you will be modding for others too:)
PM if interested...