• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Wanted: Used Alu-Bronze or Ti original CR2 Ion

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I'd like a user Ion to put on my keychain, and one whose finish will still look good months down the line, so an alu-brozne or ti would be best. Anyone have one? Thanks!

Also, just wondering how well your guys' Ions are holding up in day to day keychain usage?

Thanks!

Doc

Enlightened
I got a Ti original CR2 Ion that I might sell in mint condition! Doc

Regentag

Banned
Both the Ti and CuAl Ions hold up GREAT in daily keychain duty, where they have served faithfully for the past (I'm not sure how many) months. The knurled finish totally hides scratches - you really have to get out a magnifying glass to see anything, unlike smooth lights like the Ti Raw and the Ti ExoLion which are great lights, but they scratch easily, if that matters to you.

Battery life on the Ions is also amazing... you can go months on a CR2 cell.

The Ions have recently (yesterday) been displaced by TiCN and TiN coated Titanium Dracos. :xyxgun:

Good luck...

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, great to hear Regentag. Now, any chance you want to sell one to me? =D

Regentag

Banned
Well, not quite yet. I'm barely into the "test period"... but I will consider it.
Let me sleep on it :)

I hope my reply was not out of turn, but it appeared your post was in two parts - one a WTB, the other a RFQ, if you will.

Cheers,

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
regentag - great, thanks! =) keep me posted.
and no problem at all - i appreciated your reply!

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Ryan,

Wow, you must have read my mind =) or read another thread? Yes, I have a Lime green one, but wanted a hard-wearing Aluminum bronze or Ti one, so that I could use it w/o fear of marring the finish. I *did* have an Alu Bronze one a long while back, but then thought I didn't like the Ion, so sold it. Later I found I missed the flood beam and couldn't find it anywhere else! so I jumped on a deal for a lime green. And, here I am. =) thanks for asking.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very interested in Reg's comments; I have a ALu "chrome" Draco on my keychain for several months; absolutely no evident wear. Have both new and old Ti CR2 Ion's (Read with the old one and use it for night duty, really like the flood beam)and have taken to carrying the "new" one in my pocket. The Draco is unbelievably small, bright and has multiple levels; I'm waiting for the Cree plug-in.

Andy,if you want to discuss (and I have pix of these lights), if you are interested, PM me.

Sorry to "hijack" this thread............I apologize.

jeffb

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
jeff, no problem, please feel free to discuss here. it will help illuminate strengths of the two lights. would love to see pics of other lights that have good keychain wear characteristics.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
122000744-M.jpg
122000674-S.jpg
105987015-M.jpg

Top= Ti ions New XRE, Left in 1sr and 2nd pix
Bottom, ALu Chrome, Draco; Fenix LOP SE; JiL Inteli; CR2 Ion TI
jeffb

rscanady

Enlightened
I have a Al-Brz with greenLED lanyard and now a new TI XR-E that I EDC, I also have a chrome and TiN Draco (also beautiful pieces). I have comtemplated selling the Al-Brz but hestitate.

If you can not find one anywhere else, shoot me a PM and we can talk, sound good.

Ryan

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks rscanady, appreciate the gesture! will do! =)