Criminal!

kev1-1

Enlightened
I'm sitting here studying (wish I wasn't!) and the next thing two police cars pull up outside and they get out and start shinning flashlights all over the block of flats opposite...trying to see through the windows I think. They were using 3/4 D-cell Mags! CRIMINAL!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
By the second floor the beam was so weak they shouldn't have bothered. It's almost criminal that our police are forced to rely on trash...I was hoping to glimpse a SureFire
rolleyes.gif

pal251

Newly Enlightened
maybe you should loan (not loan) the fine officers one kev1, hehe

edited to fix spelling

Reminds me not to post 5 minutes after waking up

kev1-1

Enlightened
Well I supose it could have been a charger...BUT it didn't look at all bright enough, I couldn't see that silver strip? Luckily I only have an E1e here at the mo (so no chucking of M6's! NOT that I would even if I did have one
yellowlaugh.gif
)...although I do have an M3 on its way!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Ross

Enlightened
Kev1-1, glad someone else noticed!! I'm a cop and use a Surefire G2, Surefire 8AX with new battery pack that I made and have a Tigerlight coming in the next few days!
I get laughed at by my mates for spending so much cash on torches but I always get asked to go to situations which need LIGHT at night!

Ross

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Bowser:
....I'm a cop and use a Surefire G2, Surefire 8AX with new battery pack that I made...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Bowser,

Would you mind describing that battery pack: brightness, runtime, charger etc? It sounds very interesting.

Thanks,
Brightnorm

kev1-1

Enlightened
Hello Bowser...do all officers get issued a standard light to use? Please don't tell me its a Mag AA?
confused.gif

Ross

Enlightened
Hi Folks,

Brightnorm: I missed quite an important word from my posting 'had'. As in 'new battery pack that i HAD made'..... It is 3 Sanyo Sub C Cells with a connecting strip and then a shrinkwrap applied to it. I use the standard Surefire charger to charge the pack. I get at least 1 hours runtime of it and, having charged it 1 month ago, it is still kicking out alot of light, as much that I still feel confident taking it on my night shift with me. I cant measure the lumens it is putting out but it is as bright as the crappy B90 battery it came with.

Kev1-1: You'll laugh at this but you dont even get a Mag AA, its a cheap copy of a mag aa!!! it is terrible - you cant even read with it. Thats the only torch you get issued with. There are torches in the cars but you can buy them in garages for about a fiver!! Anyone serious about catching bad people doing bad things has to buy their own torches!

Regards

Ross

kev1-1

Enlightened
Thats terrible! I was joking with my girlfriend that it would probably be a Mag Solitare...it sounds like it almost is!
shocked.gif
I for one wouldn't mind paying a tad more tax, if it ment that an officer chasing some one into a dark building could at least see where they are going. I'm shocked!

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
EMS is the same way. The companies I worked for were required to place a flashlight in each ambulance by state regulations. We always ended up with the 2D cell Radio Shack special. Almost everyone ended up buying a 2AA mag for their belt and maybe a 3 or 4 DD mag for night shifts. Back then that was all anybody could afford.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
quote from Bowser:
"I get laughed at by my mates for spending so much cash on torches but I always get asked to go to situations which need LIGHT at night!"

Maybe I'm missing something here, but isn't this where you'ld just want a match (used)?? :>) Then you could say "go ahead....I'll catch them when they get out here to the light." ;>) TX