Content Management System recommendation?

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im posting a question here with the hope some CPFer already installed and used a CMS.

My idea is to use it for my website (www.neoca.com.ar) which actually runs on a very limited but very simple wiki.

Im looking for a web editable and easy to setup & maintain CMS since I will be the only one updating it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot!

Pablo

bitslammer

Enlightened
Plone - www.plone.org

Comes with Zope and does not require anything else to be setup like Apache/Tomcat to run it in a simple manner but plays well with Apache/MySQL if you want that.

Last edited:

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
luigi said:

+1 on Drupal! I manage about 10 different sites at work running on Drupal. Everything from an e-commerce installation to sell databases to member libraries, to a library catalog, and even a streaming video platform for students. This is very much THE system with the most development right now. Pretty easy to install and run out of the box, with a great assortment of add-on modules.

To play with Drupal and others, check out http://opensourcecms.com

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
having too much options to try sometimes is a problem :)

Im looking as I write this for the suggested options, keep in mind that my site is small and very static, I want to say that I dont want to learn a lot to install the site, simplicity is my preference here.

Keep the sugestions coming, I really apreciate them. Thanks again

Pablo

carrot

Flashaholic
WordPress is a free blogging software that has been slowly moving more and more towards being CMS-oriented. It's incredibly simple to install, given that you already have MySQL and PHP installed on your server. It is designed for static pages as well as dated entries, and there are tons of themes to use or build off of.

dan_

Newly Enlightened
Jommla (joomla.org) is great. I´ve been looking for a CMS as well and after trying postnuke (which I didn´t like at all) I found joomla and stayed with it.
I like it - it´s quite easy to install and more and more people are supporting joomla with nice addons. Check out their website at least :)

regards,
dan