HOCKEY fans here eh?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
tkl,

Yes, I do puck.

I think that hockey is a great sport. It certainly is better than hoop. It's most glamorous shot is the slam dunk which is made exactly zero inches from the rim. It's the closest shot, for crying out loud!

Is there anything better than seeing a penalty shot in hockey or a short handed goal? I don't think so.

Been a Ducks fan for years, struggle with them, coach just as loudly from the stands as the next guy.

The fights are part of the game but the first time I had blood running from my ears was when during a fight some lady next to me was screaming at the top her lungs that the Ducks enforcer ought to send the other guy home to see Jesus. The guys watch the fights but the women really get into them.

Your Stars are good this year and are probably the team to beat.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
my wife gets very loud during the games.
shocked.gif
i know what you mean.

the wings are really good this year too, ofcourse. all our meetings so far, i think 4, have ended in ties. it's a pretty even match and we'll probably see them on the road to the cup. i'm not looking forward to it, the stars probably aren't either.
grin.gif
it will make for some great playoff hockey.

avusblue

Enlightened
Big Wild fan here.

But an even bigger fan of my three kids who all play, including our 9 year old daughter.

Keep us busy and them out of trouble!

And short winter days provide tons of flashlight opportunities: map reading finding unfamiliar rinks, dark parking lots, digging gear bags out of trunks, digging gear out of crevices of gear bags, all go easier with the proper light!

Let's Plaaaay Hockey!!

DavidH

Newly Enlightened
I just got back from an LA Kings game. I've been a fan since 1967. I've also been playing both ice and roller hockey since then as well.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just watched the stars stomp colorado 6-3
twak.gif
grin.gif
i'm fairly new to the sport, started watching about 4 years ago. looking back i wish i would have followed the stars from the start, better late than never.

i've been a pretty avid fan but this year i'm all over this sport. haven't been real interested in football this year. how can you beat hockey fights?
wink.gif
the nfl playoffs have been good so far, about the most football i've watched this season.

so, anybody else into hockey?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been watching Hockey for about 10 years now. I've paid less attention the last 2-3 years though.

So how did the Blues do in LA David?
grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
tickets sure are exspensive though. the first level is $150, on the glass is $290 a seat for stars.

my rep has taken me once already and i should get to go for free twice more
grin.gif
$150 seats ofcourse
wink.gif

haertig

Newly Enlightened
We've had Colorado Avalanche season tickets since they moved to Colorado (1995) and to the Denver Grizzlies (IHL) before that. When I'm not at an Av's game, I'm at the local rink watching my wife or son play (they both play two games each on every weekend). Me, well, I can't skate worth a darn.

The Av's tickets cost a friggin' fortune, but I must say I sure enjoyed watching us win the Stanley Cup in person (game seven, none the less) Center ice, 16 rows up from the glass - yeah!

Go Av's!!! (we need all the cheering we can get this year)