Is this a decent quality flashlight?

Luxson

Newly Enlightened
Look at the shipping price. The product can be close to free but the shipping charges is always sky high! These underhand method is not uncommon. IMO, The light shown is not worth the shipping, quality is usually very poor.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheap crap.
If you can afford better then you shouldn't bother with this very low quality stuff.
In the world of flashlights the "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" is totally true. I wouldn't waste my time on this one. Save your dough!!
Yaesumofo

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please stay away from it. Pick up a good used Fenix, Streamlight, or other more mainstream manufacturer's LED light. I'd prefer my $19 Minimag 3AAA LED over that thing on ebay...

Kurzon

Newly Enlightened

Mike Iver

Newly Enlightened
I had the same flashlight. actually, I just gave it to a friend. He loves it. I paid $5.00 or $6.00 with shipping for mine. It is a good flashlight. It throws a beautiful white beam (at least mine did). Why did I get rid of it? The initial brightness was nice (very bright), but it didn't last that long (less than an hour). It is not waterproof. I just switched over to NIMHs and it dosen't have that initial brightness. I think it is a good flashlight for $10.00 or less. I never used mine all that much (a couple of months) so I do not know how it would stand up over time.

Kurzon

Newly Enlightened
Ok, that's settles it, this isn't my kind of flashlight. The main reason I'm interested in LED lights is because there are some whose brightness doesn't diminish with battery charge, something which I don't like on my incandescent (I'm comparing this to a Duracell Voyager).

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos said:
Please stay away from it. Pick up a good used Fenix, Streamlight, or other more mainstream manufacturer's LED light. I'd prefer my $19 Minimag 3AAA LED over that thing on ebay...

Is there really a Minimag LED that takes 3 AAA batteries?

Mike Iver

Newly Enlightened
There are alot of led lights like that. This is not one of them. I purchased a 49 led light after that one. It ran for 8 hours (very bright) without a drop off and ran on 3 AA. I quit buying the cheap ones. I am much happier with a few good ones.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
carbine15 said:
Is there really a Minimag LED that takes 3 AAA batteries?

You DARE to doubt me? :ohgeez:LOL

Yet another in a long line of blonde moments. Sigh. 3AA. :lolsign:

I love your snowman. We have only seen a flurry in December, no snow at all yet 'round these parts.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
DAE has/had that light ... not sure the name or the cost. I got a 19LED version ("Rain Dancer") ... and it was absolute junk. :p

However, the 21 LED Ice Cream II is a fantastic little light ... for less than $10. Very, VERY bright ... comparable to my 1 watt Luxeon ... but more floody than spotty.